Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Its alive!

benT

:thumbsup:Well after 4 years of building (really 2 actual) We started my '27 for the first time. After chasing a small electrical gremlin, it fired right up on the first try! Pretty pumped I have to say. After breaking it in some, I even took it for a short spin down the street.

I've posted a short video-- excuse the start up headers that we fabbed. I a few days I'll post a video of the car with the actual exhaust. 2 weeks to go until the PowerTour!

[ame=[media=youtube]jmhjmZYHq68[/media] - Bens27 start1[/ame]

:rofl::hooray::hooray:Congradulations Ben.

Now! Enjoy the summer.

thomas:)

:thumbsup: Sweet

That is one sweet ride Ben. Very well done.

Jim

Those exhausts, remind me of a triceratops. I think you should keep them on, ha! Great looking rod and sound. Good Job!

Point the headers toward the dist and it's still a Ford!
:)

Mike do you have a T-Bucket?Running and on the road?With a Chevy in a Ford?

Looks and sounds great. Is that a roller cam engine? Reason I ask is if not, did you break the cam in at 2000-2500 for a half hour before letting it idle like that?

Don

It isn't a roller cam, and I did beak it in at 2k+ for about 25 minutes. I took this video a few hours later. I made that mistake a long time a go and wore a cam lobe off a motor...learned our lesson after that. We also use Rotella T now.

That's cool. I saw it sitting there idling and thought "Oh, oh." :lol: I've started running Rotella T in everything too because it is one of the few that still contains lots of good stuff like zinc. It stays very clean in my T, and we just broke in my Son's Olds engine on it and a dose of Comp Cam lube. May get another bottle of the Comp Cam stuff and keep it in there after we change the oil for the first time (which we are about to do).

Don

"Mike do you have a T-Bucket?Running and on the road?With a Chevy in a Ford?"
Nope! no T running :sad:. Spent the last 7 or 8 years helping a friend build a 390 FE ford powered T. Just starting mine with a Pontiac now that John's is about finished.

jmr122848 said:
"Mike do you have a T-Bucket?Running and on the road?With a Chevy in a Ford?"
Nope! no T running :sad:. Spent the last 7 or 8 years helping a friend build a 390 FE ford powered T. Just starting mine with a Pontiac now that John's is about finished.
Pontiac that should be a good looking engine when your done.Now why do you and the chevy guys rip Fords??????I have a 351 Ford 60 over with a um mild cam that i'll put against ANY single carb 350 chevy with the same mods i have.Also the car starts within 3 seconds of hitting the switch EVERY TIME and it does not leak oil either.So what is your afinity with fords?I dont get it.here is a video on december 25 2008 and the car was out there for THREE months with out being started.Enjoy my friend.This is how a hot rod should start.
[ame=[media=youtube]0hkSBb5tCck[/media] - Christmas 2008[/ame]

Rick
Nothing against fords. Had a 292 lined up before the pontiac (baster resold it before I could retreive it) and your car, ford and all is a Doozie! and noooothing is prittyer than el dressed out flathead, period. but I've been a pontiac guy since before the GTO, and ford guys are lots of fun to pick on.:rolleyes:
NO malice, just fun. Ol rat fink is one fine ride.
hope there's no hard feelings

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back