Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Key switch issue

Brad S

Added a new key switch hooked wires up exacly like the old. When I turn the car off it stays running until i pull the key out, Went and bought another key switch installed today and that one is doing the same???

do you have a msd box ? Alot of times you have to run a resistor in the boxes. It is a common problem.

which switch is it ?

And do you mean after you turn the key or literally pull the switch out after its turned to the off position ?

Its just aswitch from advanced auto.. No I added an accel distrib so the no msd box, I turn the key to the off position and the car still runs pull the key out of the switch and it sits for a second then shuts off

M
do you have a msd box ? Alot of times you have to run a resistor in the boxes. It is a common problem.

which switch is it ?

And do you mean after you turn the key or literally pull the switch out after its turned to the off position ?[/quotes I had an old truck do that it was feeding back through the electric fan added a relay and it quit

Do you have an electric fan? It may be acting like a generator and will stop when it costs to a stop. If so, be sure it's on the ACC pole and not IGN. for power.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back