Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Kuhmo Powerstar vs Firestone F560

Keeper

I am looking to replace the BFG's I have on the front as they are white letter and the rears are not. And of course being an open fender car, you cannot just reverse them (as was recommended elsewhere...lol)

I have narrowed it down to these two tires:

KuhmoPower Star 758 165/80/15
Firestone F560 165/15

If I want the Firestones I have to order from the US as no one up here carries them. $80ea becomes $125 + 13% tax....lovely.
The Kuhmo's are $105 and available locally.

I have never run Kuhmo tires, I have read good things about them, but would rather hear from someone here that has used them.

I am running the 155/80/15 now on a 5 inch rim, I am bumping it to a 165 to better fit the rim and give me that extra 1/2inch ground clearance!

I have used other Khumo tires and they were alright. They wore faster than I cared for but that was on a daily driver. On a hot rod they would last a long time.

I masked off the white letters and sprayed them with Krylon satin black and they still look great after almost three years.

Jim

Is that the paint for plastic? I tried markers and paint, it just peeled off looked horrible.

No, it is just regular rattle can paint but prep work is VERY important especially if the tires have ever had any dressing on them. My tires never had any dressing on them but I still used acetone on the letters and made sure that they were as clean as I could get them. Also, use very light coats as too heavy will want to crack and flake.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back