Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Led fast flash

Those flasher cans are a great idea. The company I work for just changed our truck fleet over to LED rear lights and had to solder in resistors to stop them flashing so fast.
Those flasher cans would have made he job quick and cheap...

My car has LED tail lights. and those speedway flashers did nothing for me. I ended up splicing in two small light bulbs under my seat to give enough resistance for normal flashers to work.

Ordinary flasher units use a heating element to heat and cool to make the flash.

Electronic flashers have a timer circuit that switches a relay on and off to flash, so the load doesn't normally matter. However some of these items source a ground connection "through" the load for the relay and the electronics and the load presented by an LED light set just isn't enough to pass enough current and the timer, which charges a capacitor to measure time, goes haywire and usually flashes fast. Putting extra load (like incandescent lamps or resistors) in there gives the flasher circuit a bit more current and off she goes.

The so called "three terminal" electronic flashers source a ground directly through the third terminal and overcome that shortfall.

Hello Guys, Ran into this problem on custom bikes with the small turn signals and LED signals and tail lights. Several companies make them but what will cure this problem and what I've found to be the best quality and give no trouble is a conversion module from a company called Badlands. It is for a bike but it is 12 volt and designed for high vibration and exposure to the elements so it should be a great fit for T Buckets and open cars too and will fix the fast flash problem, Eddie :cool:

All you need to do is wire a 10-ohm, 10-watt resistor in parallel with one leg of the turn signal wiring on each side. I got my resistors from Radio Shack for less than two dollars. They are in the headlight buckets. Works like a charm!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back