Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

limiting the turn radius of a t bucket

Pop

I read somewhere that 23 degrees from center each way is all that you should turn the front wheels.
Anyone have a good suggestion on how to limit the steering to 23 degrees each way?

Why are you set on stopping at that particular number? Generally all you do is make sure your tires aren't contacting stuff like radius rods and steering drag links when cranked all the way over. Also, if you are using an early Ford I beam they have spindle stops that hit the inside of the spindle when turned sharp, that acts as a stop. But even if you are using an aftermarket tube axle there are limits to how far the steering box will go in both directions, so that usually is what stops it from going any further.

We generally worry about caster, camber and toe in, but this is one specification I have never even given any thought to............it is a non issue.

Don

donsrods said:
Why are you set on stopping at that particular number? Generally all you do is make sure your tires aren't contacting stuff like radius rods and steering drag links when cranked all the way over. Also, if you are using an early Ford I beam they have spindle stops that hit the inside of the spindle when turned sharp, that acts as a stop. But even if you are using an aftermarket tube axle there are limits to how far the steering box will go in both directions, so that usually is what stops it from going any further.

We generally worry about caster, camber and toe in, but this is one specification I have never even given any thought to............it is a non issue.

Don

I agree, don't make it any harder than it needs to be.

Sounds good to me!
It seemed like the wheels turned quite a bit, as compared to my daily driver.
But if it is not a problem, I agree I don't want to make it any harder than it is!!

Good to see ya here Pop. how about an update on the project.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back