Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Line benders

Johnny

Well, I guess I'll show everybody how dumb I am. Will the same tube bender and flaring tool work on brake line and fuel line?

there are different size benders for each size line.
pACE2-976683reg.jpg

this is a good one of course when doing brake lines you use a double flare.
116_0701_19_z+bend_your_own_brake_lines+single_size_bending_tools.jpg

Well, I guess I'll show everybody how dumb I am. Will the same tube bender and flaring tool work on brake line and fuel line?

Yes they are the same. What size/type are you working with? Are you working on fuel lines or brake lines (or both). I have a whole selection of benders I have accumulated over the years. I find one just never cuts it. lol. As far as brake lines they have a soft brake line available now that you can hand bend without kinking. It cost more than regular but it could save you some hastles. For fuel line you can use 3/8 steel brake line or you can use aluminum line. You would think aluminum would be prone to holes but I have been using it on all my cars for over 15 years and have never had a single hole. It is also soft enough you don't need a bender to shape it.

Yes they are the same. What size/type are you working with? Are you working on fuel lines or brake lines (or both). I have a whole selection of benders I have accumulated over the years. I find one just never cuts it. lol. As far as brake lines they have a soft brake line available now that you can hand bend without kinking. It cost more than regular but it could save you some hastles. For fuel line you can use 3/8 steel brake line or you can use aluminum line. You would think aluminum would be prone to holes but I have been using it on all my cars for over 15 years and have never had a single hole. It is also soft enough you don't need a bender to shape it.

Thanks a lot for the info. I haven't started yet. Just collecting information.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back