Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Looking for a home forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

effectsman

Hi all,Name is Rod, from the San Diego area, and while not new to Tbuckets, I am to forums that center around the T. My current ride is a long wb Touring T, powered by a Scott Shafiroff Aluminum 427 EFI sbc rated 525hp @ 5600 & 550 lb/ft @ 4200 going to a Tremec 5 speed and IRS Jaq 3.54. I belong to SoCal Ts and catch events when I can. I used a search engine to find this site and this site was on top. I found a few more sites, so I'm looking for a place to hang my hat. I'm 58 and still work 3 days a week as a special effects consultant for a few studios. Sure looking forward to retirement!!!! I'm currently in Wilton, CA, visiting a LF and she went to do some shopping. While waiting for her to return I joined another site and was reading some of the posts. Some nice pictures but also a bit of forum politics. That is a warning sign to be careful. I've read a few posts here and the Tech articles so if the welcome mat is out, I'll wipe my feet and come in. Something was mentioned on that site about people being kicked off of forums and I could not figure out how or why. I think most people have the common sense not to get into religion, politics, or race on a public forum so what else could get me kicked off. I certainly do not want to commit any sins but do not want to commit time to sharing stories, photos, and friendships to find the door closed behind me. I spent some time for a decent introduction, I hope some will answer and help explain away my concerns. The other forum I joined LINK REMOVED did not mention any forums by name, but does anyone know if a forum has that kind of rep? I did notice that forum was less than a week old. Does that happen a lot, a forum is here one day and gone the next? The reason I did join is it looked like the few members, around 50 or so were very active in their posts, something around 500 and for a site not even a week old intrigued me.

Rod, I think that you will really enjoy this site. We refrain from political or religious talk and we promote good fellowship along with help with the building of T's. I welcome you and hope that you stay around and share some pictures and stories of your T.

Jim

Welcome Rod and greetings from the showy hills of Colorado.

I think you'll find this to be a reserved group interested in sharing knowledge and experiences.

We do like pictures and hope you'll share some of your T.

Rod, I think that you will really enjoy this site. We refrain from political or religious talk and we promote good fellowship along with help with the building of T's. I welcome you and hope that you stay around and share some pictures and stories of your T.

Jim

Jim Hi and thanks for the welcome. LF still not back from the store. I have lurked and it looks like management would prefer pictures be pulled from like photobucket and inserted here. I don't have photobucket but it sounds like a good idea for all forums I might visit. I will start loading up to photobucket.
Rod

ORF, Done Colorado and agree on the showy hills, it is beatiful in your area. Must be great cruising sceanry. This time of year I bet they are snowy too.

Thanks for the welcome LF back with the goodies and now kitchen duty for me. See you after dinner after I get started on photobucket so I can show off . lol

Welcome to the sight it is one of the best for information and fellowship . Yes we do like the pictures :smile:

Hi Rod, welcome to the site. I have learned to take different sites with a certain amount of salt and not to have a thin hide. I always enjoy a good argument as long as it is intelligent and not mean spirited. LOTS of experienced people here that are ALWAYS ready to help. Mike keeps a pretty good reign on things and can come up with some pretty good stories to boot. So just come on in and join the group. If you don't like it, check out the other sites, it's the innernetz, ya know.

Oh, and that Gerry (FadT), he is the devil incarnate. But O.K. when you get to know him.

John

This is the best site on the net. It can be a lot of fun and a high lite to the end of any day.This site from my point of view has the most talented group of guys on any forum and from all over the world. Every guy on here would enjoy helping you or just sharing ideas.Come in have a seat and get to know everyone. Welcome from snowy Oklahoma.
I'm your friend until you decide I'm not.Rooster chapter 4 verse 5

Attachments

• DSC08970.JPG
    DSC08970.JPG
    315.1 KB · Views: 19
This is the best site on the net. It can be a lot of fun and a high lite to the end of any day.This site from my point of view has the most talented group of guys on any forum and from all over the world. Every guy on here would enjoy helping you or just sharing ideas.Come in have a seat and get to know everyone. Welcome from snowy Oklahoma.
I'm your friend until you decide I'm not.Rooster chapter 4 verse 5

Rooster knows what He is talking about, and if you ever need help with wiring, He is the right person to ask... Welcome... :)

Hi there EFXman.

Welcome from the other side of the big water. I have to say I am not a forum person and after 12 months of hanging around decided to join my first, which happened to be this one. That was a year last December and Im still here. I dont do any social sites like witter or pacebook so you can appreciated that this forum must have something special (at least for me).
Its down to the people, who have so much experience, kindness and friendship its like being in the biggest workshop in the world.

I see you have met OFJ; he taught me everything I know, by the way LOL.

Gerry

Welcome from snowy, slushy, freezin rainin Pennsylvania. You will love this forum if you are looking for the best T Bucket engineering on the web!

Welcome to the forum Rod, give this place a chance and I think you'll find it's one of the friendliest most laid back forums on the net.

Welcome ... pull up a chair ... enjoy the fellowship here.

Ron

Hey Rod!

I just joined this past week. I been downloading pics to Photobucket now for a while for various projects: '74 Dodge Dart, old log splitter I rebuilt, and pole barn expansion. Lot of good forums need remote pic hosting.

Sounds like an awesome bucket ya got there buddy! Nothing like having a little stump puller eh? I'm running a jag too, 3.74. Crummy mileage, but hey! Gotta have fun somehow!

By the way, we're the same age.

Enjoy!

Frank

Welcome Rod, this is a great site especially if you need help. Mike (the site owner) is very serious with his rules and takes no BS so that is how people get kicked out. This is a very family orientated site so no foul language, nude pics or stuff like that. Stay on Mikes good side and you can be here for ever. As well, if you like it it always helps to support the site through donations. Mike doesn't make any money here but it is expensive for him to keep the doors open. Money well spent in my eyes.

Welcome rod, this is a great place to hang out. There is loads of information and experience here. We do like pics though. :jester:

Hello Rod and welcome to the T-Bucket Forums.

It seems my reputation precedes me :wolf:, but what everyone has been saying is pretty much spot-on. As long as you're willing to play nice with others, you should find this site enjoyable. I try to provide a level playing field for everyone, but at the end of the day, this is my house and everyone is expected to play by my rules. One thing people around here can agree on is that it generally doesn't take me too long to unload the bad apples.

This is a discussion forum and none of us are expected to share the same opinions on all matters. But there are ways for adult gentlemen and ladies to debate differences, without them turning into knock-down, drag-outs. Sometimes it comes down to people agreeing to disagree. Sometimes it comes down to people being reminded they need to agree to disagree. Sometimes it comes down to people being removed from the site.

Yes, there have been a few (less than 2 per year) of our members who have been shown the door, but it's never been done without cause.

There is a reason you find discussion of forum politics on other forums and not this one. :winkn:

It's really difficult for me to speak about other T-Bucket forums, because I really don't have the time to monitor them. Everyone has their own ideas on how a forum should be set up and managed, so I am not surprised if you find other T-Bucket sites to be managed differently from this one.

100 posts a day for a site like this is not necessarily unusual. Our traffic swings wildly on this site and that means our daily post count moves around, as well. We'll bump along with 60 - 80 posts a day and the next thing I know, we're getting 100 - 120 posts a day. As someone else mentioned, this is Teh InterWebz and there is a definite ebb and flow that never stops.

I do look into the Buckethead Bash Forums from time to time, but I don't ever want people to get the perception I am trawling other T-Bucket sites for members, so I just lurk over there. I've had a couple of disgruntled former members who have slipped in here to promote their new, trick ponies, but I prefer to attract new members by more honorable means.

As for the longevity of forums, all I can say is we have been here since 21 October 2006 and we're still growing, for whatever that might be worth.

I hope you will take the time to read the Forum Rules (particularly the last line), our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Service. Your next step will be to pull up a chair, grab whatever beverage is appropriate for you and enjoy spending time with a bunch of like-minded people.

HI----effectsmas---a big welcome from Morro Bay CA,--I will be your friend.--I am also a newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back