Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Moultrie?

bauschracing

Going to Moultrie next week? I have never been to the spring show and will not be able to make it this year. My friend Fred is going and can pick up anything I need if you are there.

Just started last year. I have not gone to this show at all. Fall show a little cold at times, winter show is cold!!!!. The spring show might be a good show weather wise.

I used to go to all of the swap meets around here, but I usually found everything except what I really needed! Of course the time to buy it is when you see it. Perhaps I should start a " I may need that someday" museum... I always had several projects going for myself and others, so back then, it was advantageous to have goodies on the shelf. Now, many of the hard to find things that I hoarded is being re popped... Oh well, should be a good yard sale to settle the estate...

Fletch: same here. I have so many parts I could build another one. Even have 2"x3" tubes, and a bunch of Banjo rear ends including the oped drive shaft one from the 1946 pickup. I have V.W. steering box etc. I have sold off some locally but the Wife is on me to do a swap meet but I would rather do the car show instead of the meets.

I like the stuff, so it's hard to part with it. When I need it, it's hard to find and expensive. When I advertise it, everyone wants it for nothing... I have engines, transmissions, manual changeover stuff, good stuff. I have many hard to find Pontiac and Buick parts, but I have a 67 firebird, and a 69 skylark, both ragtops that I plan on doing frame off restorations on, but I have ran low on energy and motivation.... I have ram air and fuelie heads, various induction systems, and a variety of aftermarket goodies form projects gone by... We moved from our house and shop that we were in for 25 years, where I actually ran a shop for years, and I really reduced my inventory at that time. I have spent over ten years looking for stuff I thought I had, lol...The good news is that I have a big two story bank barn that is dry and clean and serves as my warehouse with shelves, etc, so nothing is wasting away, other than rubber and related parts... Someday. Maybe they will feature me on "hoarders" lol....

Are "WE" hoarders?
According to my father in law, and likely my wife, yes, lol! My FIL, who I have a good relationship with, made a comment about "all of my junk" when he was borrowing some of it. I told him those are my Vegas trips... That silenced him because he is a horse racer and gambler...easy come easy go. I had to work too hard and am a little more conservative with money, good or bad. I have always worked on and liked cars, so there no cure in sight. I keep everything neat, organized, and inside or out of sight. There's no junk laying around, but I can usually find at least some of what's needed for any project right here.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back