Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

MSRA 1924 C-cab

Welcome, John. Need a little more info to help. Are you seeking info about a specific C-cab, like who owned it before, or just info on C-cabs in general?

Cool C-cab.jpg

Welcome, John. Need a little more info to help. Are you seeking info about a specific C-cab, like who owned it before, or just info on C-cabs in general?

View attachment 18238
Sorry about that, not to good at this . Minnesota Street Rod Association built a 1924 C-cab to be given away at the 1971 NSRA Nationals . Roger Walker was the winner of the C-cab . In February 1978 Roger decided to sell the C-cab to me. Long story short , I no longer have the 283 cid engine , powerglide transmission , mustang shifter and anson sprint 14 inch wheels . I decided to disassemble and store what was left , paint was cracking and wood bed was splitting and coming apart . My plan was to wait a few years and restore the C-cab , yea I know 42 years is a few . My goal is to restore the C -cab if I can locate the right parts sense it is a part of NSRA history. I would greatly appreciate any information , pics , or where to locate the parts to restore etc. THANKS

My goal is to restore the C -cab if I can locate the right parts sense it is a part of NSRA history. I would greatly appreciate any information , pics , or where to locate the parts to restore etc. THANKS

Does this have to be a "numbers matching" restoration, or just a recreation of the original? 283's that aren't trashed are getting harder to find, but small block V-8s (350s) still abound. A powerglide might also be difficult to find (a good one) but TH 350s are still plentiful. See where I'm going? You can put together a car that looks and sounds like the original without spending a fortune if you have some leeway.

They (283’s and p glides) are still available, but are mostly held by guys who value them and know what they have, your budget is the only obstacle. Some time and internet searching should help locate what you want, buyer beware! The magnesium wheels are traded pound for pound with gold, so cash in your 401k, lol... good luck, love old school builds.

Does this have to be a "numbers matching" restoration, or just a recreation of the original? 283's that aren't trashed are getting harder to find, but small block V-8s (350s) still abound. A powerglide might also be difficult to find (a good one) but TH 350s are still plentiful. See where I'm going? You can put together a car that looks and sounds like the original without spending a fortune if you have some leeway.
Does not have to be numbers matching, I just bought a 283 ,runs good, ( smokes ) it will be a good one to build, it came with a good powerglide . The transmission has a aluminum case , the original was a case iron case if I remember correctly. Engine and transmission was painted a copper color so the appearance of aluminum should not matter . The only numbers recorded was the engine serial number , this was used as a ID to buy a tag. Roger changed a few things before I seen the C-cab the first time so not sure about a few items , this is why I could use pics and any info that might help. Also , the wheels were Ansen sprint 14x8 and 14x6 , I found the American Racing new /old stock center caps. I also need a 1965-1966 mustang automatic shifter w/ indicator plate .

Those mustang, pinto, most things Ford of the era shifters, were awesome, simple pieces. I would think about any Ford restoration ish site would supply one.

They (283’s and p glides) are still available, but are mostly held by guys who value them and know what they have, your budget is the only obstacle. Some time and internet searching should help locate what you want, buyer beware! The magnesium wheels are traded pound for pound with gold, so cash in your 401k, lol... good luck, love old school builds.
Yea , I 'm old school too. I am about half way through with a 1974 c 10 with a mild custom , building as a daily driver . the new pick up was nice , just not fun to drive. I know I am OLD SCHOOL the doctor said I was in good health except I needed ironing , guess I been around awhile.

I have the shifter, but there is no indicator plate. If you are interested I will see if I can
find it. I will be in Townsend TN this June for the Nationals.

EBrakeAndInterior_0032.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back