Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Muffler Inserts--run 'um Or Not

trhccd

Just wanted to know if you guys run muffler inserts or not. I had them in and took them out. I like the sound. I always thought your car was suppose to be a reflection of the owner, in my case loud and annoying. Scares me to drive through town, I seem to draw to much attention. Just curious as to what ya'll run. Thanks Robbie

it just depends on how much attention you want to attract:eek:

here in Amarillo we have a "noise" ordinance.
its supposed to curb the loud music, etc.........whatever........:lol:

Vance

I run 4" straight thru racing mufflers on mine, with a blower and a gear drive it is plenty noisey. The wife says she can hear the car for about a mile before I get in. Glad I don't have any close neighbors:)

I run the inserts, but before I put them in, I just HAD to try my exhaust without them. I LOVED it, but I knew if I ever drove into my neighborhood or some of the others close by (housing authorities:mad:) I'd be in for a hassle from da man.

Some of the guys I know that don't run them have not been stopped by the police, but they still fear it. I can live without the fear, myself.

I guess it depends on where you live and how cool people are to hot rods. Now if I were mayor... gees! That would be a whole new thread!:lol:

I have the 4'' collector with the turn outs.I took the insert out and took the wrap off then reinstalled them sounds good to me.

Rick said:
I have the 4'' collector with the turn outs.I took the insert out and took the wrap off then reinstalled them sounds good to me.

Dang, Rick. That's not loud at all. I would have swore you had the wrap in there. Sounds just right.:lol:

I run the baffles too. My hearing is bad enough, without open headers making it worse.

I haven't had any issues with Law Enforcement in the DFw area and I'm running Sanderson Zoomies and they are LOUD.

vbpgimage.php

I built a set of inserts to go into my Limefire headers, they quiet the car down just enough for me. I took them out when I ran up to Billetproof and my Sons think I should keep them out, but it scares me because of the car being just too loud. Even the idiots who have those boom boxes blasting away in their cars wind up their windows at red lights because I was drowning them out. :lol::lol: That is the one part I did like though. :cool:

So I put the baffles back in and like it better now.

Don

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back