Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Need Gas Tank

railroad

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
After looking over the 23 T I bought, I have been addressing some safety issues. I want to get in some road time before fall, but have found some dangerous problems.
The rear axle is mounted on a buggy spring. There is less than 1/2" between the top of the axle and the gas tank. There are marks where the axle has hit the tank. The battery box brackett mounted on the spring bracket is cracked to the extent it would
break off. I have raised the body and removed the gas tank and after looking at the work on the spring bracket, decided to just cut out the round rear cross member. The frame is 1 1/2 by 3 tubing. I may go back with the same for the rear cross member to mount the spring hanger. Anyway I will need a custom built gas tank, to clear the rear axle travel. Speedway does not have anything I can use. I might be able to rig in a boat gas tank, but would rather have a made to fit tank. Where do I go to get one? I will be able to provide exact dimensions.

thanks,
railroad

Ron at RPM Motor Sports will build you anything you want.And he's a member here.Try him at his web site or call him.
Home Page

Thanks Rick, The tank I have has been treated inside to stop leaks and rust. Would I be able to modify this tank or would the lining and gas fumes make it a No No??
I'll be checking out Ron's site until then.

thanks,
railroad

Ron,
I will get some dimensions tomorrow and call you Monday. I want to make sure the hump on the rear axle has plenty of clearance.

thanks,
railroad

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back