Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New from Denver!

Brett

Hi all,

I just bought a T Bucket project. I got it to fix up and learn more about cars in the process. It's a T Performance body on a double tube frame. It has a Jag rear suspension that is all done (I hope) but the front end is horrible. the original builder made it super long and set it up for rack and pinion steering behind the axle. Also, the engine is mounted too close to the firewall....sigh

So far, I've pulled everything off the front. I'm going to pay a guy to cut the front down and re-weld it to take a normal front end and fix the engine position. If anyone wants to stop by and check it out and/or give me advice you're more than welcome (I have beer!) I also need some parts if you are in Denver and have anything laying around. It's not a rat rod but I'm trying to keep costs down...

Thanks

Welcome to the wonderful world of T Buckets. I will be in the Denver area for a week and a half at the end of this month. I would like to stop by and see your project.

Welcome to the site. You've just added the most valuable tool for your build. These guys are fantastic when it comes to helping and sharing the knowledge. I gotta tell ya tho ... they're picture whores. Start a build thread and keep us posted on your progress.

Ron

Brett.

your going to love the T.as is by far the most docile and forgiving hot rod I have ever owned or driven. It handles much better than my Vette and if things get a little sideways, the recovery because of the light weight is easy and predictable. All you guys have high power to weight ratio rides so you understand the "not fighting the Laws of Physics" behaviour our cars posess. I just wish I would have tried bucket-Ts ages ago, as it would have been the one hot rod I'd have kept.

Brett.

your going to love the T.as is by far the most docile and forgiving hot rod I have ever owned or driven. It handles much better than my Vette and if things get a little sideways, the recovery because of the light weight is easy and predictable. All you guys have high power to weight ratio rides so you understand the "not fighting the Laws of Physics" behaviour our cars posess. I just wish I would have tried bucket-Ts ages ago, as it would have been the one hot rod I'd have kept.
Another law to break, hehe Sideways is not one of my words... Build it right and that does not happen, well maybe in a panic STOP! The no traction thing can always be fixed, that is how I made most of my money, making AG/Super cars go straight, or they go back to Jail!!! till they get it right... hehe :)

Thanks, you are all more than welcome to come by and look at it. The frame is about two feet too long, and the engine is so far back that my distributor hits the firewall and won't go in. The way it was set up had almost two and a half feet between the engine and the radiator! I really want a classic 50's look, not a drag look, so the frame has to be recut. I thought about buying a frame and dumping this one, but I really want to keep the jag rear.

Welcome Brett and greetings from the sunny hills near Bailey, Colorado.

......... Beer huh? Hmmmm .. might have to look at your car sometime. Though, my beverage of choice is Diet Pepsi because.... I'm comitted to the continious consumptioin of carbonated chemicals and caffine.

What is your wheel base? I'm building a 27 roadster on a 122" wheel base and rack and pinion steerng. Since I'm a year away from the street, time will tell if it works out.

Welcome Brett :) You could get together with Youngster, he has a great set of plans for a frame. Maybe see what is more cost effective, frame mods or a new frame. The Jag rear isn't that big of a deal. Give you an idea to take to your welder.

Old Rotor Flap,

I'm not sure what the wheelbase will be, at least two feet less than it is now! I like Bailey, I went to camp ID-RA-HA-JE as a kid.

Thanks Vegas Bruce, I'll check with him.

Brett

Welcome Brett, Let's see some pics of that bad boy. Don't forget the old saying,,, Measure twice, cut once. Another option is to move motor forward. (extend drive shaft) and add to body incase your a tall guy. Just a thought as my frame has 104" wheelbase and I wish it was a foot longer. Heck, you could move things around and build ya a little truck bet. Lot's of things possible but the main thing is you came to the right place to get LOADS of ideas. Hers is a pic of mine last week. At this time I am again down to bare frame starting paint.

Attachments

• 009.2.jpg
    009.2.jpg
    803 KB · Views: 23

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back