Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New guy from Indiana

Ironhead

Greetings from southern indiana. New guy here , former sprint car racer and now building custom bikes. Recently attended the Street Rod nationals in Louisville and got the itch to build a rod. T buckets seem to appeal to me the most as there is lots that can be fabricated at home(my preference) and can be built on a shoestring(realitive term). I have a small block chevy and a Turbo hydro 350 needing a home. Will lurk a while and learn. I'm 6' and my son is 6'3", any suggestions on a commercial body that will fit us? We didn't sit in any cars yet. Thanks. Kevin

Welcome :rofl:

Welcome from northern Illinois, my advise is not to lurk but to jump in with ideas and questions. If you're seriously interested in building a T-bucket then do it. You won't be laughed at or flamed, hell, I'm 67 with a bucket I built back in 67 and am still learning from our senior members. Trust me, this is the place for people seriously interested in T-buckets, your questions my seem repetitive to some of us but they will be treated with respect.

Welcome from another newbie. I've read here that Herman's Fast Glass has a nice stretched body. They are south of you in Seymour, TN. Phone: 865-577-1941. They do not have a web site that I know of.

Welcome, This is the place for answers, and there are many tall fellows here also... I have short legs which go well with standard T Bucket bodies...
Most are using longer bodies these days... Don't fill up all your inside space with wooding, not really necessary, and it affords you more leg room without it... Have fun building... :rofl:

Needing leg room, I like to be able to stretch my legs out, so i purchased a Hermans Fast Glass body with
a 10" stretch.I purchased my from RPm ( Ron Pope ) I also need a little more width for comfort so I split
the body down the middle and added 6" to make it wider.

Welcome and greetings from the sunny hills of Colorado.

There are a couple of threads here with pictures of Herman's stretched body if you do a search.

Thanks for the tips and the welcome guys. I hope to learn enough about bodies to get one bought by october when I take some vacation time. Louisville is the nearest city to me so driving to pick up a body in tenn. would be plausible. I have had to many things like this torn up by truck shipping.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back