Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

NEW GUY HERE!! Fred from Philly

Freddyroc

So since I bought my home and have an empty garage I thought it would be cool to build/restore a car from just a shell. Just an attempt at some quality bonding with my wife and hands. Well as with life it's funny the people we meet. The other day I met a man who built his own T BUCKET from the ground up and he told me the T BUCKET was probably the best place to start. So any INFO on how to start or any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. I downloaded today "Youngsters T BUCKET FRAMES" But read right after that it is in my best interest to have a professional build my frame. Already just reading posts I am learning and greatly appreciate it.

P.S Extremely amazed at the work you I am seeing on here by the way.

Sincerely a NEW FAN, FRED

Welcome aboard! building your own is a matter of welding. If you have the equipment and can use it, go for it. almost any skill level can play this game, and it's always fun.;)

Hey Fred
Your best bet is to contact either Ron at RPM or Josh at Spirit Or Wintec or California roadster
All of these companies are Sponsors of the site and I have talked to each one of them
Just call any or all of them and ask your questions
DO NOT build your own frame -- LET The pro's do that
All of these companies sell complete kits or what ever part you want
Frank

Welcome aboard! building your own is a matter of welding. If you have the equipment and can use it, go for it. almost any skill level can play this game, and it's always fun.;)

Thanks for the welcome glad to actually have people to get tips and tricks from.

Hey Fred
Your best bet is to contact either Ron at RPM or Josh at Spirit Or Wintec or California roadster
All of these companies are Sponsors of the site and I have talked to each one of them
Just call any or all of them and ask your questions
DO NOT build your own frame -- LET The pro's do that
All of these companies sell complete kits or what ever part you want
Frank
Nice meeting you Frank. Thanks for the help. The whole welding the frame threw me completely off just because I never welded a thing in my life so it worried me that something that holds the car completely together would be in the hands of someone inexperienced. THANK god for forums. Right now Im just trying to get as much reading material and tips and tricks. It's better to do something "knowing something". Appreciate the reply and when the project begins I will post. Again thanks for the advice.

It is usually less expensive to buy an entire kit
The biggest advantage to the KIT is You get parts that will ALL work together
If you buy individually 1 part here another there you may have compatability issues
It is paramount to decide what supplier you will use then stick with that supplier for the majority of parts
Especially on your FIRST build

Is it cheaper to buy parts seperately or to buy a kit?
It will be less expensive to buy a kit, than to buy all the little parts separate. The best way would be to buy a roller chassis. It would be complete and all assembled for you. Then you can finish it, take it completely apart and paint it and chrome what ever you want.

It is usually less expensive to buy an entire kit
The biggest advantage to the KIT is You get parts that will ALL work together
If you buy individually 1 part here another there you may have compatability issues
It is paramount to decide what supplier you will use then stick with that supplier for the majority of parts
Especially on your FIRST build

SO KIT it is. Thanks.

It will be less expensive to buy a kit, than to buy all the little parts separate. The best way would be to buy a roller chassis. It would be complete and all assembled for you. Then you can finish it, take it completely apart and paint it and chrome what ever you want.

Assuming you read the advice above would you say its simpler to buy a kit?
And is there any specifics i should take into considerations when i want my finished project to look like.... ( SPENT almost 2days DEBATING which body I preferred.)

Attachments

• leftside.jpg
    leftside.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 21
Assuming you read the advice above would you say its simpler to buy a kit?
And is there any specifics i should take into considerations when i want my finished project to look like.... ( SPENT almost 2days DEBATING which body I preferred.)
I would ask how tall are you? I would recommend the stretch body if you are over 5' 10" tall it will give you a lot more room. If you can't get comfortable in the car you won't drive it.

I would ask how tall are you? I would recommend the stretch body if you are over 5' 10" tall it will give you a lot more room. If you can't get comfortable in the car you won't drive it.

I'm 5'8-5'9 and could you post a pic of a stretch body. Appreciate that, definitely wouldn't drive it if it's uncomfortable.

Freddy,
go to the top of the page, click on the spirit industries logo, on the left scroll down to T BUCKET GARAGE
and HANG ON!!! it opens a slide show of 377 pictures
if you dont find some thing that tickles your fancy there ,you dont have a fancy :)

ken

Freddy,
go to the top of the page, click on the spirit industries logo, on the left scroll down to T BUCKET GARAGE
and HANG ON!!! it opens a slide show of 377 pictures
if you dont find some thing that tickles your fancy there ,you dont have a fancy :)

ken
Yeah I was browsing earlier and came across it. It's amazing how projects start and the outcome of it. I found plenty that I liked. Come to think about it I fancied all of them.I have Yet to see a project that resulted in disappointment. Do you have a project or finished product?

Freddy I am just finishing my car, bought most of my parts from RPM and will do so again on the next build. Ron is a very helpful guy, if you have a problem he is right there to help. I would use the extended body even if you don't need that much room, you can always use the extra room for a tool box or whatever. By the way :)welcome to the forum.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back