Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New guy in Texas

fullup12

Hey guys, I'm not a T bucket owner yet. I'm about half way through a "quick" redo on an old Ford truck. I got the T bucket bug about a month ago and am trying to learn all I can before I jump in.Lots of options on suspension alone! I'm also not sure if I want to start from scratch or buy one that needs to be finished. So hi from the fng.

Welcome..........

Welcome to the forum fullup12. Ain't no fng's here. We're all equal. So what's your plan for a T?

Ron

Welcome to the site.:lol: You'll find lots of cool folks here and all the advice and help you may need. Heck, chances are, you'll have something to share too. It's a no lose scenerio here. Everyones a winner!

I'm not sure what the plan is .I'm a couple of months away yet but I will probably buy a driver. It seems to be easier for me to keep interest in a project if I can drive it from time to time. The closer you get to these cars the more differences you see. I'm just trying to get a good idea from you folks about what works and what doesn't.

Welcome from a fellow Texan, up Amarillo way.

Vance

Welcome to this site! I caught the T-bucket bug about a year ago...I have had several muscle cars in the past, but have to say, I have enjoyed the T the most....

Madmak, I'm in Red Oak just south of Big D, and Vance I'll be up that way next weekend to have a steak.I'm not eating til then,ha ha:toast:

fullup12 said:
Vance I'll be up that way next weekend to have a steak.I'm not eating til then,ha ha:toast:

Awesome!!!
not brave enough to try the 72 oz steak, eh??
I don't blame you, that sucker is HUGE!!!, plus ya gotta eat all the trimmin's too
How long ya gonna be here?
maybe we can hook up for a cool one :cool:
:pint:

Vance

Yep. If you didn't have to eat all the other stuff that comes with it, I might actually be able to finish it off. I watched a skinny guy eat everything last time I was there. Lotsa fun!

dsc00028-vi.jpg

About 2 years ago, there was a 14 year old boy that was able to polish it off in under the alotted 1 hr time limit:eek:

Vance

We are just going to be there Thursday night.Thanks guys for the warm welcome.There's always cold beer in Red Oak if you're passing through.

Another new guy in Texas

Just retired ... built a 23 T over 30 years ago ... got the itch again.

GFIGMS
Highland Village Texas

Welcome to the site gfigms, I just retired too. Great life, eh? If ya got the itch then scratch it. If ya built one you can build another. It's just like riding a bike. This time though you got all of us here backing you up.

Ron

fullup12 said:
Madmak, I'm in Red Oak just south of Big D, and Vance I'll be up that way next weekend to have a steak.I'm not eating til then,ha ha:toast:

I sent you a PM. We can get together and I'll give you a ride in the famous (but not fabulous) Tub T.

Re: Another new guy in Texas

gfigms said:
Just retired ... built a 23 T over 30 years ago ... got the itch again.

GFIGMS
Highland Village Texas

Hey there's 3 or 4 of us Bucketheads in Flower Mound,TX . We usually attend the TGI Friday's car show or the El Chico Car show on FM 407 every month.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back