Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Heads

railroad

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Santa came early. Here are a couple of shots of the heads for the 302 build.

VERY nice i'm another FORD man.Who's heads are they?How much $ .

They are Edelbrock's E-Street head. You can only run up to .550 lift on the valves.
The ports are port matched at the opening only. 170cc intake, 60 cc on the exh and comb chamber. They run $921.00 at Summit and someone is throwing in a free set of valve covers. I do know if it is Summit or Edel.

These come in 1.90 and 2.02 on the intake. I choose the 1.90 to make sure I do not have to cut any pistons. This is a econo build. I picked up a set of eagle rods from the local speed shop for $109. Summit had a set of 10 to1 Trick Flow pistons $589 down to $300, but they sold out before I could order a set. I have 2 intakes, an RPM and an Air-Gap. I hope to save the Air G for a 347.

I have not decided, whether to use the stock Mustang GT cam or go with an E-cam or one from Comp at .512 lift on both valves.

The stock cam is a good little torque stick and would save about $200. I'm open for suggestions. I want to keep is streetable.

I'm putting together just about the same combo for my 27. I went with the Scat 331 stroker kit, a Ford Racing X303 cam, and Edelbrock Performer RPM heads. I ordered and got the same E Streets as yours, but had to return them because I found out after they were shipped they wouldn't work with my roller cam. Today the UPS guy showed up with my Harlan Sharp roller rockers, and you are right, it is like Xmas when this stuff shows up. :rolleyes:

You are going to love your heads, I'm really pleased with mine.

Don

331headson001.jpg

Beautiful engine there, Don. That X cam is quite the thumper, about .540 lift. I guess this will be with a manual transmission?? By the pickup tube, I guess you will be running a front sump pan. I guess the timing cover is drilled for the dipstick. My current engine, 1990 flat tappet truck, front sump pan has the dip stick in the rear side of the block and is of no use. Your rockers will help you see that 6500 red line.
Again very nice engine !

It's nice to see "Made in the USA" on those heads.

Thanks. No, actually I have a rear sump Bronco pan and pickup, the picture kind of makes it look that way. Yeah, I'm running a stick setup and this time I went with 4.30 gears. I originally had 3.70's in it for all the years I drove it, but this time around I'm looking for as much off the line punch as I can get, and the cam doesn't really come in until about 2500 so I should get into that range.

It's nice to see another Ford engine being built for a hot rod. As much as I like the Chevy in my 23 I am a Ford guy at heart. Are you going to run a C4? My Son Don has a 306 Ford in his T with the same X cam and he is running a C4. Surprisingly it doesn't pull at redlights and idles down pretty well. When I heard his idle I had to have the same cam.

Those E Street heads are really sweet and I was disappointed that I couldn't keep mine. I think you will be surprised how well they breathe.

Don

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back