Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Teen At Spirit Industries

Was that the Car Craft T bucket?

carcraftFinishedCar-vi.jpg

I wish i could meet him he sounds awsome and men with emotions are sometimes the best (but not always!) anyways your lucky to of had him for a role model! I know my brother would be a little more honored then i to meet him because my brother just got home from Iraq a couple months ago and is going crazy over hot rodds and fast cars! He is going back but i know when he gets back this time hes going for a hot rod! As for me i am working on a drift car and someday i want a t-bucket of my own and i know i'll be calling Spirits for to hehe!!

Photoman said:
Was that the Car Craft T bucket?

carcraftFinishedCar-vi.jpg

The car I spent one billion, trillion hours polishing had a solid windshield, skinny spindle mounted front spoked wheels, a 1/4" inch aluminum polished firewall plate between the body and engine, and an early corvette fuel injection for induction. It also had a front leaf spring and not those coil sprigs you see in the picture above. His car also didn't have those side lights mounted at the base of the windshield.

Jim had this amazing sense of proportions and beauty. Whether it was a race car or Street Rod he was making, it always was a joy to just look at. When he would layout and build something, it just looked right! For Jim, design and engineering was a natural art-form to him. It was something you couldn't learn in school.

Again, sorry Mystic, this thread has taken on a life of its own.

David

No, that was the T built by Neal East and the L.A. Roadsters In or around '67.

This is the one Jim built for the series in Popular Hot Rodding. Sorry about the quality of the pic. This is the third copy of this publication I've had. The first one fell apart, the second one is now in pieces and this one is the backup.

JimKirbyTSmall.jpg

As you can see, it too has been well used.

Ron

Youngster said:
No, that was the T built by Neal East and the L.A. Roadsters In or around '67.

This is the one Jim built for the series in Popular Hot Rodding. Sorry about the quality of the pic. This is the third copy of this publication I've had. The first one fell apart, the second one is now in pieces and this one is the backup.

JimKirbyTSmall.jpg

As you can see, it too has been well used.

Ron

That's it! Jim later changed the front wheels and induction, but that's the car.

I could be wrong, but when I was at challenger, I have a memory of him also re-working the top so it was a little lower as well. It looked better after he changed it. He always said he wasn't completely happy with how high the original one was.

Thanks Ron!

David

The spindle mounts and 'vette injection was added after the car was tweeked out. I can't seem to locate the artical on the car after this was done. There were also some other changes made at that time. As I remember, they were all cosmetic. The basic build was left intact.

Ron

That's right. The second top looked much better. I remember someone saying that it looked better without the top but that Jim would burn the top of his head without it. Baseball caps wheren't in yet. Wasn't the rear wheels changed too?

We should ask that this be moved to a separate thread 'cause I could go on talking about this car for a long, long time.

Mistic...Please tell your brother we are proud of him and pray for his safe return.

Ron

Youngster said:
That's right. The second top looked much better. I remember someone saying that it looked better without the top but that Jim would burn the top of his head without it. Baseball caps wheren't in yet.
Ron

That's why they called him sk#n He&d! Sorry for the politically incorrect phrase. But that was his nickname, long before it became something else.

I think he ran those Centerlines on the rear even after all the other changes. But, my memory is not that good anymore either, and I could be wrong. What I do remember is NOT needing to polish them, just clean them.

Maybe we should move this thread somehow. I hear the knuckles cracking of the Linux guru's that run this joint as I write this.... Lets see, open a terminal, start up Vim.... or Emacs....

For me, it would be nano! I'm a lightweight. :cool:

David

The only pic I remember after the series were at rod trots. There were 3 or 4 of them at different events.

As far as moving the thread...I have no idea what you just said......

Ron

Youngster said:

Hey, look and see if that has an ISBN number in it. There are a million publications with that title...

Dan

Mystic, I always like to see people getting involved in the automotive aftermarket at a young age. I've been at it for 35 years now, myself. I worked in a chain parts house for a while, worked in a speed shop for a while, managed an NAPA store for several years and have been back selling high-performance parts for 23 years-plus.

I'm not going to die with a lot of money in my pocket, but all the riches of King Solomon couldn't pay for the experiences I've enjoyed and the memories I have of them. I hope you get your own share.

Welcome to the T-Bucket Forums!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back