Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New to the Game

Well, If I were you, I'd go to a small town Justice of the Peace, sit down, talk to him or her, and have him send in the paperwork, with a new Bill of Sale, saying its a 23 or a 27 or whatever. Then you get a title in the mail.
Or go thru the Title Co. there in B'ham, Al. They will get the title straightened out for you.
Ya know, this building a car has got to where its way more complicated than it should be. I just get receipts from everywhere I purchase things, hell, motors gotta have a piece of paper saying it was built by so&so, or a 'statement of Origin)(MY HEAD)....back in the old days, you just built it, they looked at it, inspected it, then you got your papers.
Your local speed shop, and local car club should help you out.
If you help educate the igmo's there within the system, next person that tries to title a T should not have these difficulties....
Everyone wants a piece of the pie. They wanna stamp, tax, liscense, regulate how much money it takes for you to ride your car down the road, thats all it is, plain and simple.
Tax, license, regulate, and generally get all up in your bizness!!!!! TRUE DAT!!! These people would love for all us rodders to just die off and get out of the way of their progressive agenda. As they know whats best for everybody!! I'm just saying!!

Like one of the old Alabama Gang once said, " theres 3 things THAT you don't wanna F___ with us about, thats our wives, our homes or our rides....any and all three will get you messed up!", hahaha....

Main thing is go in there armed with what they need to do to get Your car titled and inspected. The speedshop or carclub route will be easier because these folks know of folks that know how to do it. Be confident, know what all needs to be done and have phone #'s of folks they need to call to verify this....
If your gonna go it along, do all your homework, You need to know what they need to know, because their job is not to make it easy for you, for them to cost you money, all they are is a money agency for the state, collect as much as they can.
Look up all you can online, talk to folks.
Be prepared to Smooze, tell jokes, be a 'Good Ole Boy, kiss some butt, just get your cars paperwork done....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back