Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Not a T but an adrenalin rush for gerry

Gerry

Nice ride!! I've always loved the "little mouse". The only thing that kept me from building a street version years ago was the incredibly small size. even smaller than a bucket. Then a couple years ago I got the hair brained idea to build a jumbo size version by using a 36 Ford slantback. I cut 20" out of the body and planned to chop it and use a Topolino nose. unfortunatly my back didn't agree with the heavy bodywork needed to compleat the project, so it sits in the weeds behind my house awaiting it's fate in someone elses hands.

What kind of times does yours run Gerry? looks mild enough to keep your pants clean, but fast enough to be fun. The high horsepower, short wheelbase altereds must have been a hell of a ride.

Russ

386876908.jpg

Nice ride!! I've always loved the "little mouse". The only thing that kept me from building a street version years ago was the incredibly small size. even smaller than a bucket. Then a couple years ago I got the hair brained idea to build a jumbo size version by using a 36 Ford slantback. I cut 20" out of the body and planned to chop it and use a Topolino nose. unfortunatly my back didn't agree with the heavy bodywork needed to compleat the project, so it sits in the weeds behind my house awaiting it's fate in someone elses hands.

What kind of times does yours run Gerry? looks mild enough to keep your pants clean, but fast enough to be fun. The high horsepower, short wheelbase altereds must have been a hell of a ride.

Russ

386876908.jpg

Hey Russ
I got the feeling from your first few replies that we were the same kinda guys.

It runs 11.0-3 with no stall ( standard converter about 1100). and the NOs switched off. I have changed to a powerglide with Trans Brake and reverse pattern VB from JW racing, and a 3200 stall converter but not run it yet. Should run mid to high 9s. Chassis run low 8s on alcohol in a previous life!!
YEP its a fun ride. We expect mid 9s with the changes if we can stop the half shafts twisting.

BEST thing it gets me and my buddys together for a weekend of fun.

NOW. about your 36. Shelve it till your ready, then put it on a race track and enjoy. I NEVER worried about times and allocades just having FUN and believe me the Topolino IS fun fun fun. I have a problem controlling the adrealine when I get in it let alone on the start line. See GREEN and go..... its that simple.
Costs me an oil and plug change every season plus a few beers for the boys.

Its the other side to a Bucket, if you know what I mean. Something about a Topo that is just so primeval.

Gerry

YEP its a fun ride. We expect mid 9s with the changes if we can stop the half shafts twisting.

BEST thing it gets me and my buddys together for a weekend of fun.

NOW. about your 36. Shelve it till your ready, then put it on a race track and enjoy. I NEVER worried about times and allocades just having FUN and believe me the Topolino IS fun fun fun. I have a problem controlling the adrealine when I get in it let alone on the start line. See GREEN and go..... its that simple.
Costs me an oil and plug change every season plus a few beers for the boys.

Its the other side to a Bucket, if you know what I mean. Something about a Topo that is just so primeval.

Gerry

half shafts??? what kind of rear end are you using!!???
primeval.... yaa,... ya... ARRRRr arrr arr.

As to my 36. my back isn't likely to get any better, but I'm hoping someday to sell the car to someone who will compleat it kind of like I envisioned.

keep the shiny side up,
Russ

half shafts??? what kind of rear end are you using!!???
primeval.... yaa,... ya... ARRRRr arrr arr.

As to my 36. my back isn't likely to get any better, but I'm hoping someday to sell the car to someone who will compleat it kind of like I envisioned.

keep the shiny side up,
Russ

Mopar rear as its a lot lighter than a Ford. Halfshaft were made for the car and rated at 1000BHP??? Dont know why but the original and the latest ones all twist at the splines.
Maybe its just slicks and a stick strip.
Will have to go to Strange, I suppose as I have 4.11 gears to put in as weel.
gerry

Mopar rear as its a lot lighter than a Ford. Halfshaft were made for the car and rated at 1000BHP??? Dont know why but the original and the latest ones all twist at the splines.
Maybe its just slicks and a stick strip.
Will have to go to Strange, I suppose as I have 4.11 gears to put in as weel.
gerry

Ahhh. I forgot.... you're from the other side of the pond. here we call those axles. a half shaft is for an IRS setup.
laugh.gif

Russ

Ahhh. I forgot.... you're from the other side of the pond. here we call those axles. a half shaft is for an IRS setup.
laugh.gif

Russ
Front wheel drive cars also have half shafts gerry.hehe

laugh.gif

Russ

Just to confuse things even more we call the drive shafts from a Jar IRS... dogbones, cause they look like that

If you are just starting on this thread there is a couple of links to UTube at the top
Gerry

Gerry, nice lil ride. Where do you put the picnic basket and wine cooler for the ride back to the pits?

John

Aw come on. You all know that in England we all have our own Butlers. He follows in a suitably downbeat compact made by some Japanese company. He is called Alfred... come to your own conclusions on that one... got to fly now
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back