Posi vs Open diff

• Would you run a rear end with a Posi

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Would you run a Open diff

• Or makes no difference to me

• Total voters
I had a go kart back when I was 16 or 17. It had a 3.5hp engine with the governor hung open and a dead axle (one legger). When you got on and off the throttle, the pushing and pulling of the one rear wheel felt a bit uneasy. It kind of wanted to steer the car. I can't imagine doing the same with 300 or 400hp.

I'll take my chances with a posi.

I alway run a posi in any car i build, they always end up at the track at some stage of their life and a posi helps get the power down. Sure they can can make life a bit interesting in the wet, but drive for the conditions, be safe and its fine.
The pic below if of my old T at the nolstagia drags at Champion Dragway (NZ) in about 1996. Ran 12.0 at 120mph on 8.40x15 crossplies hazing them all the way, without the pozi it would have been a one wheel full track burnout with spiders welded to the pins by the end of the track!
Detroit Lockers on the other hand make a T a handful!! I ran a 5.40 detroit for a few 1/8 mile street meets, great in a straight line (6.8 sec 1/8th mile) but NEVER get on/off the gas in a corner or you will find your self going places you never planned.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back