Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

OT, Computer Trouble....... :(

Baby Huey

Guys I gots big trouble here.....I'll try to go slow so you can understand what I did.
Last week I made the BIG mistake of "upgrading" to Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2. I didn't know it at the time but ,My present Brouser (Verizon/Yahoo) is NOT SUPPORTED by the IE8. So everytime I connect to the net to check my mail it redirects me to either download a different brouser (Firefox,Safari,IE7). I tried to go back to IE7, but each time it starts to load it finds IE8 and stops says I have a IE8 so it will not reload IE7...
I'm having mail problems , here too, and anytime I write a paragraph or sentence. If I find a misspelled word and move the cursor to that word and Left click, the cursor instead moved down the page somewhere else and stays there. If I left click on it again ,it highlights that area in Blue. The only way out is to cancel the message go back and start all over again....
Just wondering if anyone out there knows anything about computers and what I should do..
Tomarrow I will try to cal Verizon and see if they can figer this out, it's driving me nuts. my wifes account is the same way in her e-mail or cursor, or anywhere she writes...... Thank's for any advise! :eek: "BH"

Fire Fox is the way to go I have been using it for years,,I love the NO POPups,
If removing or if it wont let you remove it try a system restore just pick a day before you installed IE8 ..hope you get it worked out..

BH, the advice is solid. Just remove IE8 from the Windoze control panel. You may have to download IE7 from the Micro$oft site to re-install it, but that's no big deal.

And I agree - once you've tried Firefox, you'll forget all about Internet Exploder. I automatically get all the most recent beta builds of Firefox 3, as soon as they are released and everything is solid as a rock. I tried IE8 for about three minutes and had fits trying to run it.

BH go to start and go to help and support . than check on systen restore
than check to repair to a day before you put Ie 8. this is if you got win Xp.

18dadb said:
BH go to start and go to help and support . than check on systen restore
than check to repair to a day before you put Ie 8. this is if you got win Xp.

Be very careful with Windblows restore. Do backups first! I've seen bad things happen with that tool.

David

Thank's Guys for all the help, I know just enough to be dangerous. I'll try to get rid of this IE8, and see what happens.....I may be lost forever in CyberSpace......:cry:"BH"

DON"T GO INTO THE LIGHT !! :cool:

I was told by a computer guy to have more than one internet software on your computer incase one locks up or gets lost. You have a backup I have IE7 and firefox Somedays one is a little slow and I will try the other .

putz said:
I was told by a computer guy to have more than one internet software on your computer incase one locks up or gets lost. You have a backup I have IE7 and firefox Somedays one is a little slow and I will try the other .

Interesting....I'd like to try the FireFox, but not sure if it's compatable with my Verizon system.
I was able to go into Add/Remove programs and removed the IE8 Beta 2, then I went to MS and dounloaded IE7 again, with all the upgrades. Everything is working again, atleast for now. Now that I unloaded all my pictures off the hard drive, got back 92% of my space, things seem to be OK.......:eek: "BH"

Baby Huey said:
Interesting....I'd like to try the FireFox, but not sure if it's compatable with my Verizon system.
I was able to go into Add/Remove programs and removed the IE8 Beta 2, then I went to MS and dounloaded IE7 again, with all the upgrades. Everything is working again, atleast for now. Now that I unloaded all my pictures off the hard drive, got back 92% of my space, things seem to be OK.......:eek: "BH"

Good Job! The only way you learn this stuff is to just do it! Glad to hear you didn't lose anything.

Take care,

David

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back