Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Overflow

EX JUNK

I decided to make my own overflow or "puke" tank when I built my car. I did this because I felt that the commercially available ones were too large and out of scale for a small car. By making my own, I was able to scale it down to a more acceptable size.

What I did was go to a home improvement store (Home Depot, Lowes or whatever) and check out the plumbing department. In the sink drain section I found a piece of chrome plated brass pipe for a sink drain. I also found a plated coupling nut for the pipe. I then found a plated blank off plate for a kitchen sink sprayer.

At home, I cut a couple pieces of 1"x1/8" aluminum and attached them to the tubing using "O" rings to seal the screws. I them cut a plug out of some thick rubber that I had laying around for the bottom of the pipe. Then I drilled the plug to accept 2 pieces of 5/16" stainless gas line for the entry and over flow for the "tank".

I has worked great and only set me back $8.00.

Here are a couple of pictures of the project:

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

Thats a kool idea..thanks for sharing

I got to see that at the Southeast street rod show and it's hard to believe that it's really a piece of sink down pipe. Very cool.

I went the Redneck high tech on mine.LOL
DVC00046Small.jpg

What ever works, right?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back