Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Potential Speed Calculator

could have used Speed Calculator going thru the hills in kentucky,
got a 20 over ticket in a 16' rental truck.....:pint:
Oh well"only" $170.00....:eek:

Might want to gear that one down a bit, Keeper!!

Ron

Keeper said:
Not a chance. That was just the number I got when I punched in what I have sitting in the garage...

Damn scary!

Yeah, I got 198 in OD. 138 in 3rd. Guess I need to make sure that windshield is solid!:lol:

Mike

I dialed in a conservative 5000 rpms, and got 148 MPH. Wonder if my bias plys are up to the task? :eek: I wonder if my heart is up to the task??? :lol::lol:
Don

Huh!! Just for giggles I put in some numbers from an old altered drag car I once owned. We used to go through the lights at 6500-7000, with 4:88 gears, and a 30 inch slick. It came up NaN, whatever that means.

All I can tell ya is I'm not going to verify this! :eek:

Speedcalc.jpg

OK, the reason I posted this was to see if the 260+ mph that I came up with was right. I've done it 3 times and come up with the same answer each time. To hell with it, I'mm just going to build the car and enjoy it. If I get stopped I'll just tell the guy he's lucky I didn't have it wide open.

Ron

Hmmmm, 5500 rpm....27" tires...2.73 rear.....
161mph...
guess I need to find the Florida dry lakes....:eek:

My current ride is 106mph @ 5500 (4:1 with 5 speed manual) no wonder it seems to be quick on acceleration!

My new one works out at 190mph, has anyone worked out what sort of power would you need to take a bucket to that sort of speed bearing in mind that they are not exactly aerodynamic?

Is there a speed record for a bucket?

Pete

How much power it would take?I wouldn't work about the power i'd worry how big your stuff had to be to even try that speed in a t-bucket

Youngster said:
OK, the reason I posted this was to see if the 260+ mph that I came up with was right. I've done it 3 times and come up with the same answer each time. To hell with it, I'mm just going to build the car and enjoy it. If I get stopped I'll just tell the guy he's lucky I didn't have it wide open.

Ron

Hey Younster, they have these calculators that are suppossed to work......if you dig around....there are some formulas that we use that are similar and one hell of a lot more accurate...............

in the calc. that was shown....no vechile weight was included.....so if you got your engine and trans strapped on a cloud........:eek:........you should also have your horsepower quotient in there.............there are these things called the 'wind resistance' scales, etc, etc, etc ...........

We racers use these things to get the cars 'setup' in-the-ballpark..........I just plugged in the stuff for one of the cars we built last year into this thing.........but the only thing I gotta say...........you are kidding me, right?????????:lol::lol::lol:

PeteT said:
My current ride is 106mph @ 5500 (4:1 with 5 speed manual) no wonder it seems to be quick on acceleration!

My new one works out at 190mph, has anyone worked out what sort of power would you need to take a bucket to that sort of speed bearing in mind that they are not exactly aerodynamic?

Is there a speed record for a bucket?

Pete

We setup a car for a guy that bought a old altered for a few hundred......put a powerglide in it, 10" converter, 4.55's, a 383 with a single 4 whichhit 500rpm before redline going thru the traps......170 mph.....but he's really light!!!!!!:cool:

5500 RPM, 31" tires and a 3.00 gearset =169.1 MPH. :lol:

:D.......Hello, hello.......Houston..........this is Cape Canaveral.........we seem to have a malfunction.....a T seems to have lost its top about midtrack and is doing the 'Mary Poppins' circling routine.....Houston, Houston.....are you there??????

:)

:laff::laff:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back