Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Poverty resourcefulness

On the other hand, having some money makes you resourceful, if you dont want to pay the prices some companies want to charge for their product.

Simple bracket $39.95.... 20 minutes and some scrap, done and dusted.

On the other hand, having some money makes you resourceful, if you dont want to pay the prices some companies want to charge for their product.

Simple bracket $39.95.... 20 minutes and some scrap, done and dusted.
Yep, I decided years back to buy tools rather than pay for parts or services that I could do or learn to do. That decision has paid off time after time. Now I can usually take care of just about anything. If only I could get my energy and motivation back.

When I was working, between what I had available to me at work plus what resources I have at home, I could do just about anything; machining, sheet metal fab, MIG/TIG welding. Now I am retired I have less of those so I have to be more resourceful.
I'm still fighting the fight between energy and motivation. Depending on the day I might have one and not the other. The next day it could be the opposite way. Go figure. The good thing is I have plenty of time so if it's not today it might be tomorrow that is gets done. It's easy to put things off.
Bill

You sound like my wife.--Damned if you do/damned if you don't. Never can win an argument with her--but I still try and then just kiss and make up.

The making up part is the Bestest…………..I'm just saying....

The making up part is the Bestest…………..I'm just saying....

You're only this young once, enjoy it, now.............................
#9 lincolnuT,

When you get to be our age and what we've been through---YUP---like candy in store. And always fun!

When I was working, between what I had available to me at work plus what resources I have at home, I could do just about anything; machining, sheet metal fab, MIG/TIG welding. Now I am retired I have less of those so I have to be more resourceful.
I'm still fighting the fight between energy and motivation. Depending on the day I might have one and not the other. The next day it could be the opposite way. Go figure. The good thing is I have plenty of time so if it's not today it might be tomorrow that is gets done. It's easy to put things off.
Bill
That’s the injustice of life. We work and use up all of our energy, when we are able to stop working and finally have time and money, the drive is gone.... if I listed the projects that I have accumulated along the way, you would understand. I still like them, but they just don’t mean as much...damn this recliner! Lol. Of course things didn’t hurt when I was younger, so that’s part of it, but mostly, it’s a energy crisis.

It's not just you guys that get to feel the senior moments . . . .

What I used to spend on feminine hygiene products now buys Geritol and vitamins.

My new TCI super streetfighter transmission finally cleared customs and I went to pick it up after work today . . .

How hard can it be I asked myself, it's just a transmission . . .

They put it in my little truck with a fork lift, (no big deal there) and then I got it home, backed up to the front porch entrance, and then the fun began . . .

Musta took me 15, maybe 20 minutes just to cut away all the shrink wrap, and probably close to 30 more to cut away all the cardboard . . . coulda made condos for about 10 homeless folks there was so much plastic wrap and cardboard . . not to mention the poured foam pieces that had to come out.

Finally got it loaded onto my little mover's dolly and brought it into the house and stashed it out of the way until it's needed, I couldn't believe how totally depleted I felt . . just hit the bed and hardly moved for half an hour.

I'm beginning to worry that this project may take considerably longer than I had originally anticipated . . .

After being eaten for lunch by a transmission, I wonder how youthful and spry I'll feel once I pick up my crane and have to assemble it . . .

I got this one:

Hey, girl. You got it done, didn't cha???;):thumbsup: And, a good night's sleep will have you ready for the next challenge. Get a little done each day, and pretty soon, there won't be any more 'littles' to get done! 'Been there!

PS - After crawling around on the garage floor under my bucket reinstalling a leaky oil pan, a friend and I took turns laughing at each other trying to get up off the floor! Getting old ain't for sissies!!!:laugh::roflmao:

Spanky you don't have near as much to get up as some of us real old fat guys......LOL.....

Along with that "good night's sleep", is gonna be a handful of Advil to get it started . . . .

The real kicker here, is that the crane came on the same boat as the transmission, is at the freight warehouse and also cleared customs, they just can't friggin' find it.

They called me that it was ready to pick up last Friday, but they have yet to find it in all the stuff they have jammed in there. They just found the transmission on Thursday!

I guess now that some of the larger items that are not part of the kit are arriving, I should start a build thread pretty soon and post some pics . .

Darlene

It's not just you guys that get to feel the senior moments . . . .

What I used to spend on feminine hygiene products now buys Geritol and vitamins.

My new TCI super streetfighter transmission finally cleared customs and I went to pick it up after work today . . .

How hard can it be I asked myself, it's just a transmission . . .

They put it in my little truck with a fork lift, (no big deal there) and then I got it home, backed up to the front porch entrance, and then the fun began . . .

Musta took me 15, maybe 20 minutes just to cut away all the shrink wrap, and probably close to 30 more to cut away all the cardboard . . . coulda made condos for about 10 homeless folks there was so much plastic wrap and cardboard . . not to mention the poured foam pieces that had to come out.

Finally got it loaded onto my little mover's dolly and brought it into the house and stashed it out of the way until it's needed, I couldn't believe how totally depleted I felt . . just hit the bed and hardly moved for half an hour.

I'm beginning to worry that this project may take considerably longer than I had originally anticipated . . .

After being eaten for lunch by a transmission, I wonder how youthful and spry I'll feel once I pick up my crane and have to assemble it . . .

I got this one:
Sounds like my experience with a gun safe... several years back a local sporting good store went under and I got a great deal on 48 gun capacity safes... so I bought three. One for a friend and two for me... being a “I got this” guy, I got them in the garage, lol... they are still there! All I can say is if someone is man enough to carry them out loaded with lead and steel, I’m not arguing with him.

IG --just have another drink of Jack and call it a day. Start fresh in the morning. I bought a hit and miss engine (single cylinder) from Dubai one year and they shipped two of them. I kept the one that was not seized up and sent the other back and got a refund for the one I sent back. You can't fix stupid, but I'll take what I can get.

Those engines run oil wells in the deserts and they were only 6hp but were bigger than a full size pickup bed.

Had a truck shipped back to the U.S. from Panama and when it got to Customs shipping dock, all six tires and wheels,batteries and shocks were missing. Glad I had it insured.

I think maybe I do need a hit of Jack . . . .

You mentioned hit and miss engine, and I know what that is and how they work . . .

My Nerd-Q is probably at a highly toxic level in my old age.

Well if you look anything like your Avatar anything is possible when you've had enough Jack and hit and miss would be the thought of a big ass engine that weighs close to a ton.and try to get it loaded on a goose neck trailer to pull 500 miles back home.The 2 fly wheels on it are 36" in diameter and the piston is the size of a large coffee can(about 8"). Water cooled cast iron tank on top with the push rods and rockers open to eye sight. Don't know how they survived in the sand but they still do.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back