Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Radiator stoneguards???

chopper tom

Any of you guys running or thought about running some typ of sone guard on your T?
I woud like some ideas ,i live around some dirt roads and i pass a lot of coal trucks around here,and i payed quite a bit for my radiator and would like to try and protect it????

My 27 has a 32 grille with the bars in front of the radiator and they seemed to do a pretty good job of deflecting stuff..........one bar has a nick in it from something. My 23 only has an aluminum core showing and even big bugs hitting it tend to bend the fins a little. Nothing major though. I have seen ones people have made from screen type material with an edging round them, and fastened in place with snaps or those turn type fasteners boat tops use sometimes.

Don

chopper tom said:
Any of you guys running or thought about running some typ of sone guard on your T?
I woud like some ideas ,i live around some dirt roads and i pass a lot of coal trucks around here,and i payed quite a bit for my radiator and would like to try and protect it????

On my 55 gasser I have, I have 1/8 tig lenth SS welding rods tig'ed into a heavyscreen, openings are 1 1/2 inches square, to protect my aluminum radiator from the oilfield trucks around here.....I was gonna do the same for my T-radiator and trans cooler.................and have it black chromed..........since my T is gonna be all black...........:cool:

Hey Screamin' Metal.....

How about a picture?

Thanks,

Mark

When I get it out of the shop......I'll take a pic of it.....I've tried to post pics here before......but what I try to send seems uncompatable......I'm gonna go to that sight that Rooster told me about and get signed up....that way I can post pics......
I've been so busy the past 6 months I've gotta make time to set the valves on the ole 55......she likes em set about every 6 months since I only drive her about twice or 3 times a month to keep her limbered up...................:D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back