Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Raidator overflow tank?

AZCOWBO

I am in the process of mounting my overflow tank. What type of screws/rivets are best and where is the best place to mount it? I have had several suggestions, but am looking for more advanced info.

Ron

I mounted mine on grill shell there where two holes to mount the brackets to that lined up perfect.

I bonded two pieces of wood with 1/4"-20 T-Nuts in them. In so doing, there is no screws visible on the outside of the grill shell. Here are a couple of shots of the result.

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

The overflow tank is also homemade. It is made from plumbing parts at Home Depot. It only cost about $8.00 to build.

Jim

EX JUNK said:
I bonded two pieces of wood with 1/4"-20 T-Nuts in them. In so doing, there is no screws visible on the outside of the grill shell. Here are a couple of shots of the result.

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

The overflow tank is also homemade. It is made from plumbing parts at Home Depot. It only cost about $8.00 to build.

Jim
I like to have a bit more of a tank, and hide it as well, the bed is a GREAT place for all this sort of needed things for the T Buckets...remember to not make your bed floor water tight, run the small over flow tube down to the ground under the frame in the rear.. another reminded as long as we are looking at this pic, check to make sure you can not pinch your lower radiator hose closed with your fingers, needs the spring inside the hose for sure, otherwise the engine will heat up at driving speeds.. happy building. :lol:

Mine is a aluminum box 3X17 11/4 inchs high mounted under the radiator. Tabs are welded to the ends of the tank and cap screws are used to mount it to the frame. plastic hose goes rom the overflow line to the bottom of the tank. Came off clean.

Sure wish when you guys explain something you would post pics of what your talking about.I have mine but who ever your talking to has no clue.Here is mine hillbilly tech.
DVC00046Small.jpg

Rick said:
Sure wish when you guys explain something you would post pics of what your talking about.I have mine but who ever your talking to has no clue.Here is mine hillbilly tech.

Great Rick :thumbsup:

Rick said:

Can we get plans on this Rick?

Rick said:
I'll have to convert them from cad to pdf.:lol:

lol... i was more or less hoping that crayon and construction paper would be better... the colors are more vivid when scanning...:D

Rick Did you apply for the patent yet?

Rick said:
Naw they said it wuz dun afore.

Dawm, Ricks got it by the goobers....all he needs now is the sleeve around it so it won' t get too uncomfortable...........
Can you imagine him with a keg???????????

I just TIG'ed one up out of a small, alum. nitrous bottle.....polisher the hell outta it.......its only about 10" long now......:cool:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back