Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rear suspension question for Ex Junk

Hotrod46

Since your car has a fairly short 4-link in the rear, I thought you would be the man to ask.

I'm currently working on an off topic car that I'm going to build a new rear suspension for. If I decide to do a 4-link, the bars will need to be short like yours (probably no longer than 16"). Do you get much binding when the suspension rolls in a corner? I'm going to need as much anti-squat as I can get since the car is light and will have close to 400 HP, so a parallel 4-bar won't do. I'm considering a 3-link or torque arm, but a 4-link would be easier to package under the car and attach to the rear end.

I know you once said you like cars that handle and my car is actually a sports car. Sorry for the off topic question, but it could be related to T construction.

Mike

Mike, I've never noticed any binding and I've taken some pretty sharp corners at speed. I especially enjoy taking hard right handers with my wife in the car as she falls right over tight against me. She, however, prefers that I slow down a bit. LOL

Jim

If I decide to do a 4-link, the bars will need to be short like yours (probably no longer than 16").

Hotrod46, could you gain more bar length with mounts on the back side?

2-22-15 2.JPG

Thanks for the replies. I typed up a response the day after I posted this, but apparently I didn't hit send. Sorry.

That's a nice looking suspension BTW.

Ex Junk. How long are your bars if you don't mind?

Thanks, Doug

The rear is an adjustable four "link" with the top bar being 10" long and the lower bar is 11" long. On the front I have a four "bar" set up with each bar being 21" long.

Jim

I've seen OEM small SUV's with arms no longer than 16"!
Can't see a T having any problems at all with that length myself.

Thanks. I'm looking at somewhere about 14.5 with my bars. Good to hear you're even shorter without issues. Thanks for the response.

My lower bars will be 18-3/8" and the uppers 10-1/8"...the lengths from a Fox body Mustang racing triangulated 4-Link

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back