Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Remember . . .

Still waiting on the actual truth as opposed to the official story. Either way, what a horrific event! I will never forget. I was actually in the process of trying to schedule a flight to NY as it happened. I didn’t realize the problem until my mother in law called and told me to turn the news on. My next appointment was at the VA hospital to service X-ray equipment, they were on lock down. What a waste of life.

I remember exactly what I was doing when I heard about the first hit. I was at A&P school, a day before my last exams. Someone said a plane hit the Trade Center building. There was a old 13" tube tv there at the building with rabbit ears. The picture was not great. Saw the blur then the the second plane hit. I had worked for 5 years, at that time, at a local major airline. I wondered what the future had instore for me, us. I also watched the space shuttle blow up at school, live on tv in 1986. I was a senior. I was too young to remember the first man on the moon, though I am told I was with my parents as they watched it.

I remember exactly what I was doing when I heard about the first hit. I was at A&P school, a day before my last exams. Someone said a plane hit the Trade Center building. There was a old 13" tube tv there at the building with rabbit ears. The picture was not great. Saw the blur then the the second plane hit. I had worked for 5 years, at that time, at a local major airline. I wondered what the future had instore for me, us. I also watched the space shuttle blow up at school, live on tv in 1986. I was a senior. I was too young to remember the first man on the moon, though I am told I was with my parents as they watched it.
I remember the ‘86 shuttle too. At that time I managed a electronics retailer and we had fifty or so televisions in the show room, all tuned to the same channel. I will never get that image out of my mind. There are a hand full of such events in life.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back