Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

S10 Rear end (GM 10 bolt)

sstock

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I'm starting to plan my T build and am acquiring parts, A buddy has what he believes is a 10 bolt S10 rear with a 7.5" ring gear. I'm thinking it is too light for 350-400 hp normally aspirated small block T that will see quarter mile action from time to time plus will be running some wide tires. My gut is telling me the gear and axles will not be up to the beating for this used rear, but am interested in your guys take.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

The 7.5 was used in the 90's Firebirds and Camaros. They were a lot heavier than a bucket and some had close to 350 HP.

But, since you said you were going to beat on it at the track, you might be better off with a 9" Ford or an 8.8.

My 2 cents.

Mike

I'm starting to plan my T build and am acquiring parts, A buddy has what he believes is a 10 bolt S10 rear with a 7.5" ring gear. I'm thinking it is too light for 350-400 hp normally aspirated small block T that will see quarter mile action from time to time plus will be running some wide tires. My gut is telling me the gear and axles will not be up to the beating for this used rear, but am interested in your guys take.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

it's a decent rear end I'm using that on my built with a SBC 350, just be sure you have a 3:42 and not 3:08 like my S-10 did. I had to replace mine and to improve it I changed the Axles to A harder Alloy Axles.

Attachments

• Brake lines  and rear end.JPG
    Brake lines and rear end.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 58

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back