Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Sad Day...

LumenAl

BillIsley.jpg

While one the NTBA MOBBS site, I read a fellow buckethead Bill Isley, owner of Wellbaums Brass Designs passed away in his sleep this morning. Apparently his death was very unexpected.

Wellbaums Brass Designs started in Southern California in the early 70.s and later moved to Eugene Oregon.... If you have a brass radiator, headlights, etc... it's a very high likelihood he built it... I just installed my new one he built for me this winter... More company history can be read at http://www.wellbaum.com/Company.html

Blackie Gejeian invited Bill to show his T-Roadster at the Fresno Autorama Invitational in March of 2005. Here are a couple of pictures of a car he built to showcase some of his products...

wellbaummotor.jpg

Wellbaum.jpg

While I never met him in person, I had some great conversations with him on the phone. I also emailed him pictures of my original brass radiator that was on my car and he identified it as one he built in early 71 or 72... and is of course why he talked me into a new and improved one!

His passing is a real loss to the hot rod and especially the T-bucket community... I'm deeply saddened and my heart and prayers go out to his family. He will be missed

You can see more pictures of his car, stuff he built on his website below:

http://www.wellbaum.com/

I never knew him, but it is clear he was not only a hobbiest, but a very talented artist as well. My thoughts and prayers go to his family.

Al, I ordered my windshield from CCR and the girl on the phone says they'll really miss him. He was not only a supplier to them, but a good friend as well.

I didn't know him but have seen some of his work. Now, after seeing his T, it's apparent we have lost a true T enthusiast. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Ron

tfeverfred said:
Al, I ordered my windshield from CCR and the girl on the phone says they'll really miss him. He was not only a supplier to them, but a good friend as well.

Yep... He was a supplier to lots of companies, speedway and CCR just being a couple... Lots of T's running around have his work on them!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back