Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Seats

Johnny

I've been looking at a few boat seats and they look pretty good and are pretty comfortable. Has anyone tried using boat seats in their T-Bucket?

Like these? this is Tfeverfred's

Okay, I guess I had enough light today. The seats are from Ebay and they were meant for a boat! Each one flips forward and is mounted seperately, so if I need to get underneath either, I can do so without removing both. Price was about $70 for the two. I have yet to do the sides, but I'll get to it soon. I also plan to install a pouch behind the seat backs to store maps and such. Along the sides of both seats, there is a little space and this will hold a small assortment of tools. each pocket will have a removable cover.

The seats look small but actually are perfect. Both in proportion and comfort.

seats001.jpg

Yeah but Fred has a skinny butt!!!!! For those with more of a renaissance posterior a bench works much better.

Ron

Yeah but Fred has a skinny butt!!!!! For those with more of a renaissance posterior a bench works much better.

Ron

Mine came from Ebay and they come in a variety of sizes. I'm sure there's a few for you guys with more "junk in yer trunk". :p

What was your eBay search term? Any brand name or model type on the seats? Your idea looks good and has me thinking. Thanks for posting this!

What was your eBay search term? Any brand name or model type on the seats? Your idea looks good and has me thinking. Thanks for posting this!

Search "boat seats". Mine are a little over 16" wide. Which was just about the same as the bomber seats I was considering. What I like about them is that they flip forward. They come with a strap that snaps them closed, but I removed the strap. I'm going to eventually make a small bag to snap on instead. It will be used for papers and such. I also mounted them seperate, so it's not neccessary to remove both to check the battery or fuse box. Also, when I drive, I flip the passenger side down and it acts as a arm rest.

On either side of the driver and passenger seats, there is a cavity. I may or may not make a small pillow to fill that space. Just in case I have a WIDE passenger. I could have mounted the passenger seat further over, but I rarely have a passenger, so I didn't do it.

I bought a set of the boat seats, just like those and my dad made a suggestion Yamaha Rhino seats, I got a couple off of ebay, have a buddy at beard seats make me some red covers, they fit great look good, are low and commfy. Ill use the boat seats for somthing else. If anyone wants to go that route hit me up and I can help you out with the covers. -Don

Pictures?

How are those seats mounted to your floor?

My seat riser is 5" tall. It is divided into two sections. I mounted each seat on a seperate piece of wood that covers each section and sits inside each section 1/2". That way I don't have to remove both seats to get to each section. My fuse box is under the drivers seat and battery access is under the passenger seat. As I stated before, when I fold down the passenger seat, it makes a nice arm rest. I like this setup, but it is probably not for everyone. I could probably lower the seats another ich or two, but where it is now gives me a better seating position. When I drive, I'm looking over the windshield by about 4". That's about 2" more than before, but the wind still seems to flow over my head. The best advice is to look at all your options and decide what works for you. Plan, ask questions and plan again. I wish I had thought of this the first time around. Rebuilding my car gave me the oportunity to rethink and update some things I had done the first time around.

My seat riser is 5" tall. It is divided into two sections. I mounted each seat on a seperate piece of wood that covers each section and sits inside each section 1/2". That way I don't have to remove both seats to get to each section. My fuse box is under the drivers seat and battery access is under the passenger seat. As I stated before, when I fold down the passenger seat, it makes a nice arm rest. I like this setup, but it is probably not for everyone. I could probably lower the seats another ich or two, but where it is now gives me a better seating position. When I drive, I'm looking over the windshield by about 4". That's about 2" more than before, but the wind still seems to flow over my head. The best advice is to look at all your options and decide what works for you. Plan, ask questions and plan again. I wish I had thought of this the first time around. Rebuilding my car gave me the oportunity to rethink and update some things I had done the first time around.

I am using the middle seat from a Chrysler minivan. It actually has a really cool pattern to it. I had to build a little base for it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back