Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Some forum growth numbers

Mike

We installed a very powerful Search Engine Optimization script on the T-Bucket Forums back in May 2008. The script, called vBSEO, is designed to help the search engine spiders and bots find keywords in the forum content, so our posts and threads will be more easily indexed.

Actually, this is an area where I spend the majority of my time, whilst working on the site. I want our keywords to be picked up better and faster, because that means this site will appear better when people do searches related to T-Buckets.

I just did three searches on Google. A search on T-Bucket Forum returns 3,850,000 results and we are number 1. A search on T-Bucket Forums returns 3,860,000 results and we are number 1. A search on T-Bucket returns 9,200,000 results and we are number 10. :D

Number 10 just isn't good enough for me, so I need to spend some more time highlighting the word T-Bucket on this site. I would have thought that word would have been highlighted enough, but I was wrong. I have my work cut out for me, but that's OK, because vBSEO will help me produce results.

But here are some numbers to indicate how the forum has been growing. Some site admins use different metrics to chart growth, but I like to see how many visits we are getting from people using the search engines. Here are some numbers from Google visitors, recorded about every 60 days, since last May -

10,616 - over 4 times as many people today are arriving from Google searches as there were just 11 months ago

Another number I like to watch is the number of keywords that people are searching on, when they do visit this site. Here are the keywords people have used on Google on the same dates as above -

4,970 - people on Google are finding this site with 14 times as many keywords as just 11 months ago

I want people to find us easier, because the more visitors we get, the more potential new members we will have. Keeping an eye on guest traffic is a good number to watch, but what about the member activity on the forum? Here is the post count from each of the above dates -

34,622 - nearly 4 times as many posts today as we had 11 months ago. in the 19 months from October 2006 through May 2008, we amassed just 8,771 posts. In the subsequent 11 months, we we've had another 25,851 posts.

And the total member numbers are also interesting, although I do regularly prune members that have failed to complete the account registration process. Here is the member count from the above dates -

1,233 - had I not been pruning members, our total member number would be nearly 3 times what it was 11 months ago.

Who'da thunk it?

Wow, thats a lot of growth.

Looks like we are kickin ass and {counting names}. A bunch of um.

not bad for a site that thought it would be lucky to have 250 members!!!!!care to venture a guess for next year at this time? i'll bet over 3000!

Ron

You started it Mike now you have to live with it.Oh by the way you really should be working on YOUR T Bro.

Maybe We need a show in indiana and make a trip to mikes to help get his bucket up and running.Due to the awesome job he has done with this site.

putz said:
Maybe We need a show in indiana and make a trip to mikes to help get his bucket up and running.Due to the awesome job he has done with this site.
I live in michigan so not to far away so lets roll.

Mike,

Streetscene's article said Total Performance alone sold over 3,000 kits over the years. Factor in other manufacturers and home-builts plus people who would like to build a T and that's alot of enthusiasts.

You've created a monster! :)

I was amazed to see so much information about model T speedsters, The original hot rod model T.s. and this site is easier to search than the Model T ford club of america. Most members are a lot more tolerant of people building things their own way. A lot of horseless carriage people get upsed because My old bucket is a original 16 with lots of original T and old aftermarket parts.

Yeah some antiquers go as far as looking for original brake pads with fomoco stamped on back.Thats too anal as far as I am concerned.

now...wouldn't that be fun!!!

Ron

oldtman...i been telling these guys how much fun an old speedster can be...all it's gonna take is a build thread on one to get 'em going. quick, easy build, mild or wild..they's all a hoot!!!!

Ron

putz said:

Speaking of, maybe Mike could share what he is missing/what he needs... I would be willing to donate to the cause since he has poured his heart in the forum... Would be impossible for me to make it and help, I could help by donating to Mike's bucket.

Good idea Putz

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back