Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Some usergroup changes

Mike

After considerable procrastination, I've finally moved my way from one end of all the usergroup settings to the other, and from one end of the forum permissions to the other. And I have made some changes that are effective immediately.

Hopefully, the changes are going to be seen as positive and encouraging to our new members, as well as those members who have actively supported the forums with their participation and their donations.

When a new member registers, their permissions will be set to the following settings-

They will not be able to edit their signature files.
They will not be able to edit their submitted posts.
They will not be able to submit new posts or reply to existing posts in the Classifieds forum.
They will not be able to edit Personal Conversations.
They will only be allowed to send Personal Conversations to one recipient at a time.
They will not be able to submit new media files to the Media Library.

Once a new member has submitted at least 10 posts and has been a member of the site for 30 days, they will promoted into a new usergroup, with the following changes -

They will be able to edit their signature files.
They will be able to edit their submitted posts for 10 minutes after the submission.
They will be able to submit new posts and reply to existing posts in the Classifieds forum.
They will be able to edit Personal Conversations for 10 minutes after submission.
They will be able to send Personal Conversations to as many as 5 recipients.
They will be able to submit new media files to the Media Library.

Forum Sponsors will also have the ability to edit their submitted posts for 20 minutes after the submission and will be able to send Personal Conversations to as many as 10 recipients.

Supporting Members will also have the ability to edit their submitted posts for 20 minutes after the submission and will be able to send Personal Conversations to as many as 10 recipients.

It is my hope we will be able to encourage new members to participate more, by offering them some additional privileges in exchange for their activity. This new system will also give the Sponsors and Supporting Members some additional privileges.

I like the new changes, it will put an end to people that join the forum just to place ads the classifieds then are never seen again after their stuff is sold.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back