Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

SPEEDO GEAR

CARS34PHORD

My new bucket has a 3.50 gear in the 9"33x18.50x15 tires tb 350 trans and my speedo is 9 miles per hour slow at 60 mph. any input as to the trans speedo gear teeth number that with get me closer to the right speed on the speedometer thanks for any help

I think each tooth changes the speed 2 mph. there is a chart somewhere on the net. Try Speedometers Are Us. com.

Simplest thing to do is to take it by a speedo shop, if you live in a big town, they have all the parts and pieces needed.
Mine is Electric with a Dakota Digital Hall-effect sensor, I can recalibrate it in about 5 minutes going down the road.
I did mine that way because tires change when moving from 1 size tire to another.
I you have a GPS, you can use it for speedo. Majority of the time, I just look at my tach majority of the time since I know what my motor turns @ certain road speeds....

I saw a chart online somewhere where they showed diff. tire sizes and the diff. gears to adjust your speedo....Good luck.

There is a chart and I believe a calculator on the TCI transmission web site.

Yea, Ex Junk, I believe thats the one I saw. They'll have to revise it at a later date...., it only accounts for 7 gears....hahaha....GM and Ford are in cahoots together and are gonna be mfg'ing a 10 speed automatic in the near future. Really small motors, turbo'ed with really narrow powerbands....instead of reving the motor, they're just gonna grab another gear....

I put a speedhut gps speedometer in mine, always correct easy to install. If I remember right 3 1/8 diameter. If you're interested type in gps speedometer and you will find some interesting items

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back