Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

SpeedO low$

For a low$ speedO that is rite on the rite mph for your rod;
A trick I used way back,and still do when building my own rods,is to get 2 for 1 out of dash holes and save some $ too,I like having a tach and first rod I ever built only had tach,oil,temp and volts,nothing more,after some time driving around ,I made a nice alum 1in. wide plate "ring like a real big washer" to go just behind the tach and around out side of tach,and nicely marked MPH on it,at the RPM in high gear that was a match up to a frenids car that was stock and had a good speedO. The need part beside saving $ is you can mark some real high MPH on the RPM part your motor hopefully will never run at :D
How you make your MPH ring is up to you,but even just number and letter stamps can work nice and polish it up shiny after.

Been there, done that. We just put hash marks on the tach trim ring. Different colors for different gears.

Ron

Very cool! I had read that some guys "back in the day" used to do that! Hmm...... yea..... I'm thinking AGAIN.:D

Nice clean dash, with just four guages? Hmm.... yea. Kinda race inspired. Hmm... *goes to Speedway site to price gauges*;)

i just went to tiger gps then refurbished hen to the garmin nuvi for 144.00 and ordered it. it is a simple gps and has a speedo on the bottom left of the screen

If you watch Parr performance, they have realgood prices on guage sets sometimes.

Ron

Youngster said:
If you watch Parr performance, they have realgood prices on guage sets sometimes.

Ron

Is that a website?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back