Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Starting again

Phil55

I'm starting a new build. It is a stretched 23 glass body, SBC 350/Turbo350, slots front and rear, Econoline front end, Vega steering box, hairpins, T oval tank "out in the breeze" over a Model A buggy spring, Mustang radiator...

Don't know what I'm going to use as a rearend yet, but it will have 5 on 5" bolt pattern to match the slots.

I've got most of the parts stored away and will post pictures as it comes along. Still waiting for warm weather out here in SW WY.

Phil55

Good luck on your build. I wouldn't use Econoline frt. I had to end up making my own steering arms.

Welcome to the site! Sounds like you're on a roll. We'll be waiting for updates.

Ron

I figured I'd have to make my own arms. That's just one of the things you have to do when using what ya got....It is going to be a bit of a early 60's build so I didn't want to use a tube axle.

I'll send ya some nice, hot, humid weather. Lord knows I have had enough.:D

Phil 55 , glad to hear from ya, welcome to this forum ! Run what ya have, sounds good to me , be different with that Econoline stuff.
Hang in there and keep collecting stuff for the build..."BH"

I have a set of econoline spindles, with drums, and all the brake hardware, if yer interested. early econoline.

I'll make ya a good deal on it:cool:

Vance

IF You can find a '67 Econoline Master cylinder it has dual ports and the pedal and brake switch all in one. Rare as hen's teeth though.

Phil, what brand body are you using and how much is it stretched? Sounds like you have a good collection of parts there. Can't wait to see your start on it!

I picked this body up when I lived in the Chicago area. A fella there made them "back in the day" and this was the last one he had. It is 16" longer and 4" wider than a 23.

I've got a complete set up on the frontend so I don't think I can use yours. Thanks any way.

Picked up a 71 Firebird column on Thursday. No shifter. Repainted it this afternoon.

Anyone know where to get the tilt and turn signal 'arms'? The ones on this columm are a bit bent.

Try National Parts Depot.Toll Free Number is 1-800-521-6104

axle work

I'm working the old Econoline axle into shape. I'll post pictures once done.

Although some have 'warned me' of the issues, it looks like it will turn out just fine.

More later.

Re: axle work

Phil55 said:
I'm working the old Econoline axle into shape. I'll post pictures once done.

Although some have 'warned me' of the issues, it looks like it will turn out just fine.

More later.

I'm glad you got things to work out. Sounds like you're movin' right along.

Phil55 said:
I picked this body up when I lived in the Chicago area. A fella there made them "back in the day" and this was the last one he had. It is 16" longer and 4" wider than a 23.

16" longer.............Now THAT would be bout right, a guy could stretch out his legs ( Or have a long legged girlfriend :eek: ) in a body like that !!
Put that baby together Phil and get it on the road !!
Sounds like your goin Ol Skool with it, so why not find a Olds or Pontiac rear end ,they're 5 on 5 (?).....I have a 62 Pontiac Catalina rear axle in the shop, complete. The shipping would kill ya, and there are prolly a couple hundred of em between here and your house... "BH"

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back