Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

State ID number

rooster57

I called the guy at the okla tax commission and ask if i could avoid Stamping the ID number in my frame because of the powder coating. He said the other option was to stamp the number on an ID tag and rivit it in the doorjam. So my reason for posting is their may be other options if you ask. Also be sure to use alum rivits they wont stress the fiberglass .

In Texas, it has to be on the frame, either stamped in or engraved on a plate and riveted, at least that's what the DMV told me. They recommend putting it in two places, one that is visible for inspection and one hidden that you only know about it, in case of theft. I had my plate done at the local trophy shop and then drilled two holes in it and riveted it to the frame just in front of the firewall.

Michigan has a sticker that has pretear lines in it so if you try to take it off it will tear.

rooster57 said:
I called the guy at the okla tax commission and ask if i could avoid Stamping the ID number in my frame because of the powder coating. He said the other option was to stamp the number on an ID tag and rivit it in the doorjam. So my reason for posting is their may be other options if you ask. Also be sure to use alum rivits they wont stress the fiberglass .
Ive got a hilti stenciling gun at work,. real easy to make nice vin tags..PM me if you need a hand...

I do have plates i have 23,26,27,32 all ford just like the one on my car. I will wave the ebay fees and how about 15.00 total and i will pay shipping for the guys on this site only. They also come with the 1/8 alum rivits. I am going to be out of town next week but i will be back on friday.

I just went to Harbor freight and got their 1/4 letter-number stamps and taped the tag on a piece of 3/8 plate, then with a small hammer i would tap the stamp about 3 times rocking it slightly forward and backward at each tap.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back