Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Steering in the right direction

Pushrod

I got the Vega steering box in tonight, and the steering rod and drag link are painted...it's starting to look like the beginnings of a car. Time for a rum & coke. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1712.JPG
    IMG_1712.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1713.JPG
    IMG_1713.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 96
My stock Vega pitman arm will need to be heated and massaged for the Spirit frame. I wish I had a template, but I'll probably use a coat hanger wire to form the shape I need to clear the frame, and go off that.

I had the rear wheels and tires sitting around, the fronts with tires were on Craigslist for $100. All are just temporary, I'm looking for a couple 14x6 Cragars for the front to mount on 185/70/14's. The rears will eventually be a fat set of Mickeys....if I get silly and spend that much.

OK then. The car looks good so far! Seems anywhere you look for Cragers they're near $200.00 each for something like a 15 X 6 size.

I noticed the crazy money for vintage Cragars. I'm going to a big swap meet this weekend to continue my search....half the fun is the searching for a deal. I really want Torq Thrusts like Spanky's, but clean old ones are too much. In high school, I could find them in junk yards for almost nothing.

Last edited:
I looked on Summit's web site and Torque Thrusts are quite a bit cheaper than Cragers. Like almost half. I might reconsider the Cragers and go with the Torque Thrusts. 15 X 6 are $103.00 each! Free shipping.

I looked on Summit's web site and Torque Thrusts are quite a bit cheaper than Cragers. Like almost half. I might reconsider the Cragers and go with the Torque Thrusts. 15 X 6 are $103.00 each! Free shipping.
I bought mine from Summit along with T/A radials and the mounting and balancing was free. I thought that was a good deal. With the tires mounted there was a small shipping charge but still cheaper than taking them somewhere and paying to have them mounted and balanced.
Gary

I want 14's on my bucket, so I gotta go with vintage wheels. The last refurbished set I found were $150 per wheel.. Summit does have them cheaper.

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back