Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Supercharged BMW V8 T-bucket, Replacement Engine Day.

Mykk

A recently spun rod bearing in the original BMW V8 prompted changing out the long blocks to a spare engine sitting stands for a couple of years. While the engine was out I took the opportunity to degrease, clean up wiring, hoses, paint strip-repaint, modify and tackle any project that needed attention:

Amazing how one job leads to so many others. Looks great, and perfect timing to be driving her again.
(I'm with Spanky, thanks for sharing all the pictures)

I guess that 10,000 RPM took a toll!😁
Glad you got it done again.
It will never be finished, though.

Your engine looks like a masterpiece....great job! I noticed your leaf spring setup in the front. Did you need all the added shackles to compensate for the engine weight?

A bigger project that took me a couple of months, I'm thankful to have the Bucket back on the road again.
Those are great looking heat shields on your exhaust. Did you make them or buy them somewhere? I haven't been able to find any like that on the web.

Your engine looks like a masterpiece....great job! I noticed your leaf spring setup in the front. Did you need all the added shackles to compensate for the engine weight?
Thank you. I run many leaf packs because I don't have front shocks. It is stiff, but I rather like it.

Those are great looking heat shields on your exhaust. Did you make them or buy them somewhere? I haven't been able to find any like that on the web.
Here ya go:

On my set up I cut them down to shorten them and rounded the corners.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back