Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

tail lights

ford4ever

Is ther any 38'-39' led tail lights out there you can run as all three, brake, bilnker, and running lights?
from what I'm understanding, you can run two, like you running and your brake lights, but not the
blinkers. Can you guys help me please!

Thanks,

Mark

I have a set like that. Each has 3 hot wires plus ground so they hook up just as you asked. I don't have the info here at work, but if nobody else posts the answer I'll get it for you tonight.

Jeff

Mine do all three also. I'll go thru all my receipts and see if I can where I bought them.

Found mine; but it's not much help. I got them from Total Performance before they were sold out to Speedway and SW doesn't have them. Checked Wintec websight and couldn't find the LED ones. However, looked on EBay and found a bunch of them. Just search "39 ford led tail light".

In case you don't know, LED blinkers require a special flasher or ballast resistors.

Tail lights are wired separate from turn/brake light. If you have two bulbs, one is tail light, other is brake/turn.which is wired through the turn signal switch. If you have one bulb, it must be a double fillament, 1157/ LED type. The lowest brightness fillament is the tail light and the brightest fillament is the brake/turn which is still wired through the turn signal switch. The switch I used came from Speedway and had good directions on how to wire it up with the flashers.

Check out these lights, or at least the Rapid Fire add on. I just ordered 39 LEDs from Speedway. If you buy the lense only, it is one piece plastic. If you buy the LED complete light, you get a led panel in the light housing and a glass lense. This is what I did so I can use my blue dot lense with the LED housing package. I ordered the Rapid Fire system yesterday. I tried the LED 1157 bulbs, but it seems the glass lense is too dark and I still did not have the brightness I feel safe with. While you are the Rapid Fire site, watch the video display. I was impressed and would like to get the moving turn signals for my 66 Mustang, but did not see it available on their site.

http://www.shiny-hiney.com/rodcustom30.html

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back