Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The Move is underway!

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Sponsor
VIP Member
Supporting Member
The forum is now set to Read Only, as the migration to the new server is taking place this afternoon.

As soon as I have access to the forum at the new location, I will get everything opened up for you to post again.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we'll see you on the new server!

There is good news and there is bad news.

The good news is the forum is already moved onto the new server. :lol:

The bad news is the forum may not be accessible on that server for several more hours. The old host failed to upgrade the control panel installation, so the database has some issues. The new host is working on the problem and we'll get things opened up as soon as humanly possible.

I'm unsure of how often I will be updated on the process, but I will leave this section open and post here if I have any news.

Please do not post in this thread, as the posts will not appear on the new installation.

I wish I had something more to report, other than the fact the host's techs are still working on the problem.

They were hoping to have everything functional within another hour, but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

I will report more, when I learn of it.

Is it safe yet?:confused:

I would keep my head down, if I were you. One of the new host's techs is liable to start shooting, if a target presents itself.

They have been sifting through the database for this site, trying to repair it by hand. I dread to think what this 'simple' site migration is going to cost.

We're still viewing the forum on the old host's server. And at present, I've no idea of how much longer we're going to be doing so. When you see the buttons to post new threads and replies appearing in the forums again, you'll know we're back in business.

Until then, we just ask your continued patience.

The database for the forum has finally been restored, so we'll be redirecting traffic to the new server in just a bit. From there, it will just depend on how long the DNS propagation will take.

OK, so it's another good news - bad news scenario.

I just visited the forum, in it's new home. Everything is there, all the posts, the vBPicGallery, everything.

However the forum does not recognize any of the usernames. It will not allow a log-in, nor will it display any user profiles. I registered a new account and the forum will not recognize it.

So, we're still waiting.

Webmaster said:
OK, so it's another good news - bad news scenario.

I just visited the forum, in it's new home. Everything is there, all the posts, the vBPicGallery, everything.

However the forum does not recognize any of the usernames. It will not allow a log-in, nor will it display any user profiles. I registered a new account and the forum will not recognize it.

So, we're still waiting.

Must be working now...l read my PM and made this post! OK... now I'll try a post on the forum... ok I spoke to soon... nothing yet... :(

No, nothing yet.

We're looking at one, last, long-shot attempt to make things work. Frankly, I'm not holding my breath at this point. If this does not work, then we're likely going to re-open the forums here for a while, until we can get a better handle on exactly what is causing all the problems. I've seen forum migrations performed in less than 15 minutes, with no problems whatsoever. This one is now well over 40 hours and we're no closer to success now than we were at the beginning.

I keep trying to tell myself if this were easy, everyone would be doing it. But I will have to admit I'm pretty much to a point where I wish I never had to look at another Web site, ever again. And there are a couple of the host's techs that are feeling the very same way.

I will hopefully have more information before noon.

Pass the antacids if you please.

My web guy is very familiar with the v bulletin format. If you want give me a call 870-425-5900 and I can hook you up with him. Just a thought to help if I can. www.tccoa.com is a site he owns.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer.

I've contacted another host, explained the problem and have asked them if they feel they might be able to pull the transfer off. If they feel they can accomplish that, then we're headed to their server. They're looking into the matter as I type.

If they cannot pull it off, then we'll be re-opening the forums here, until we can come up with some form of resolution.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back