Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Third Brake Light

Duke

Any of you guys using a third brake light. I like the idea of the third brake light, but haven't made up my mind to do it on a T-Bucket or not.

Duke said:
Any of you guys using a third brake light. I like the idea of the third brake light, but haven't made up my mind to do it on a T-Bucket or not.

I have one in my license plate frame, which is in my CCR bed with the recessed license plate in the center of the tailgate.

I have never thought the logic held much water. If the person behind you is looking than one is enough, if they are not, they are going to hit you no matter how many lights you have.

I am seriously rethinking my position on it. I was behind an old guy in a newer Lincoln Town Car last week. He was doing typical old guy stuff and I was watching his tail lights, never came on. The third light in the rear window worked, the only thing that saved me from piling into him.

A dodge neon 3rd light is oval and would fit in nice with LED inside.
A model a tail light mounted high in the center could be cool.

Define "old guy". A lot of the young pups around here make me think I may qualify.

I think I am rapidly approaching the old guy status, I think. Being called grandpa makes a person feel a little older, but now I am being called great grandpa. I think I maybe getting older. Here is the third brake light I have been looking at.
Billet Aluminum LED Third Brake Light
Not 100% sure I like it, still looking. One idea is to get one that I can program words into, to scroll across when stopping " OLD FART - STOPPING " :D

Right after I finished my T and all of the reinforcement was glassed into the body I wished I had put a third brake light frenched into the body just below (I'll call it) the upholstery rail at the top center of the body. My car was red and I think a lens like Duke shows in his link would have blended fairly well and wouldn't be to noticeable but with an LED light would have brightened the world when the brakes were applied. A Ford oval-type lens would look good too. Just an idea.

Steve.........I resemble that remark!

Ron (Old Guy)

That is one of the top reasons I am thinking of doing the brake light. When it is time for me to check out, i would like not to go out in a ball of fire, maybe a blaze of glory, but not a ball of fire.:eek:

der Spieler said:
Define "old guy". A lot of the young pups around here make me think I may qualify.

Thin gray hair, barely can see over the steering wheel. maybe 70's?

Todd said:
Thin gray hair, barely can see over the steering wheel. maybe 70's?

I don't fit that description...................yet. I'll have to show them your definition. Maybe they will lighten up on me. LOL.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back