Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Titling a Bucket in Tennessee?

Tennessee recently passed the SEMA-sponsored legislation that will allow someone to title a vehicle as the model it most closely resembles.

Finding someone at the DMV that understands that will be very difficult.

It's a LOT easier in a small town than a big city though.

Michigan passed a so called law also.I called the suckretary of state and the chick said it could have glass fenders and bla,bla,bla but it also had to have the ORIGINAL drive train.

Yes Tn just passed the SEMA bill. On a sour note they also changed the Antique Tag laws. Car has to be 25 years or older with an "unmodified" engine and body. This just was passed the 1st of June. So I turned in my antique plates for regular ones.

The antique plates were $35.00 one time only, good for as long as you own the car. You could only do certain things with the car, but that was no big deal. Biggest thing was you could not drive it to work everyday.

The regular tag is $22.00 a year.

Rick,

Do you have a link to that law?

Thanks,

Mark

I'm down here in Memphis and have a few friends from up north... in Millington.

Just had the Black Widows Bluesville car show last weekend at the USA baseball stadium.

RPM said:
Yes Tn just passed the SEMA bill. On a sour note they also changed the Antique Tag laws. Car has to be 25 years or older with an "unmodified" engine and body. This just was passed the 1st of June. So I turned in my antique plates for regular ones.

The antique plates were $35.00 one time only, good for as long as you own the car. You could only do certain things with the car, but that was no big deal. Biggest thing was you could not drive it to work everyday.

The regular tag is $22.00 a year.

Ron, I woulda kept the Antique plates until I got stopped. Betcha most of the cops have no idea the rules changed.

There will be a car show just south of Southaven Saturday. It will be held in a park on Star Landing Rd. I am going to check it out. The Sugar Ditch [Cruisers?] are the sponsors.

Yep... it's at Walt's from what I heard. Neat place.

Possum Killer and the gang should have a pretty good showing. We (blackwidowsbluesville) were talking last night about making the cruise down, but directions cannot be found.

Mel and Dennis will probably take Sheneeda (29 Pontiac), Parker might make it in his Model A Hooptie truck, not quite sure if the old rust bucket is going to roll this weekend or not.

Got too many things to get done that keep getting postponed.

We'll see.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back