Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

TPI-Tech Guages

Anyone have experiance with TPI-Tech Guages? Made in USA, but Price seems to good to be true. http://www.tpigauges.com/
My son bought a set and had a problem with one gauge. Tried to talk to them at the street rod nationals and they were rude and treated us like morons. we will never buy from them again. If you want inexpensive gauges look at dolphin.

My son bought a set and had a problem with one gauge. Tried to talk to them at the street rod nationals and they were rude and treated us like morons. we will never buy from them again. If you want inexpensive gauges look at dolphin.

From what I have read about Dolphin, they have a lot of problems with little or no tech support. You only get what you pay for and for my money Classic Instruments are the best AND they are made in the USA!

Jim

We used Dolphin Gauges in all 3 of our builds. Tom's electronic speedo didn't program and they sent him a new one with a return label and box for the old one. They even took the time and walked him thru every step before declaring that the gauge had a problem. All the rest worked great and still do. I guess as with ANY product there will be some that are no good and others that are. As for you get what you pay for that is true in some cases but I've paid good money on junk too so by asking your opinion and getting a slu of responses it can save you. As for the gauges you asked about I never heard of them so I can't comment.

I purchased a set of TPI guages installed them and everything seems to be working great.

My T bucket is not roadworthy yet.
I did have to call tech support for a minor parts replacement and they were not over friendly, but the parts arrived, everything works good now.

I have TPI gauges in my coupe. I had a tech question when I was installing them and called the company. They put me on the phone with one of the design engineers - everyone was courteous and helpful. About a year after I started driving the car, the tachometer started giving eroneous readings. Hit a bump the tach goes crazy; hit another bump it settles down. I've never called them about that problem, so can't say what the outcome might be. Otherwise, all the other gauges work perfectly and I have no complaints. I like them well enough that bought another set for my roadster, but don't have it running yet.

I have TPI gauges in my coupe. I had a tech question when I was installing them and called the company. They put me on the phone with one of the design engineers - everyone was courteous and helpful. About a year after I started driving the car, the tachometer started giving eroneous readings. Hit a bump the tach goes crazy; hit another bump it settles down. I've never called them about that problem, so can't say what the outcome might be. Otherwise, all the other gauges work perfectly and I have no complaints. I like them well enough that bought another set for my roadster, but don't have it running yet.

I've had a set for about five years now and they worked fine up to last summer when I had a similar problem with the tacho. I assumed it was a bad connection to the coil and it never stayed long enough for me to track the problem down.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back