Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Trans vacuum line?

oino

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Where does the vacuum line go on the carb from the transmission?

350 engine
350 trans
Holly 650 carb.

Edelbrocks web site is no help
<

Where is the vacuum port location on the manifold?

I have an Edelbrock Performer 2101.

Any tapped hole on the intake, other than coolant, will do. If you cannot find one, the carb probably has one. It will have high vacuum on it while the engine is idling. When you pull the cap or line on the carb or intake, while running the engine will rev or go dead.
You can tee off another vacuum line, if that helps.

Where does the vacuum line go on the carb from the transmission?

350 engine
350 trans
Holly 650 carb.

You should get the fitting to go in the tapped port in the runner, behind the carb.

:welxome: Thank you, Got it.
One more thing.
What size hard line?
I used 3/16 brake line. Wasn't sure if thats to small of a line.

3/16 brake line is fine (that's what I've been using for the past five years). You're not moving a lot of air in this situation, just sending a "signal" to the modulator.

Would running a hard line with two short rubber connections be beneficial ?

John

Sorry, this has already been voiced.

If you run rubber line all the way it can get soft and collapse, blocking off the vacuum.

Thats the mistake i made tring to run a rubberline . It collapsed so i ran 3/16 hardline to within several inches of the carb and modulator and no more problems.

I use what ever was stock size, or on any other vac. lines, I like to use 1/4" ID. line, because you can really tell the difference, especially on a Vacuum gauge, small lines act way too slow, and will not tell you what is really happening with your engine... a steel or copper line with short (2") rubber line connectors works great.. :gum:

I understand that the kick down is vacuum operated, but what do you use if a cam change lowers vacuum to the point that it is inoperative ? What is the lowest vacuum draw that still allows vacuum kick down operation ? Also, how do you adjust or "tune" the modulator ?

John

I understand that the kick down is vacuum operated, but what do you use if a cam change lowers vacuum to the point that it is inoperative ? What is the lowest vacuum draw that still allows vacuum kick down operation ? Also, how do you adjust or "tune" the modulator ?

John

I use a manual valve body in my turbo 400, (put it in any gear at any speed) but I also use a stock cam, no vac problems at all and I am not into all that rumputy rump myself, and that is a carb problem in the first place, take a carb off and run Webbers or injectors and the engine smooths right out, now I am talking street use here... :) but this is what makes the World go round... what ever floats your boat works best...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back