Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Weights

409T

Staff member
I had two of my T-buckets weighed this weekend. Both are CCR frames and bodies, one has a 409 / 350 and the other is 327 / 350. Both have Ford 9" rear ends. The 409 car weighed 2220 lbs., the other 2010 lbs. Both had about 10 gal of gas and no driver on the scales. I am just curious, has anyone else weighed their cars? If so, what do you have?

Jeff

409T said:
I had two of my T-buckets weighed this weekend. Both are CCR frames and bodies, one has a 409 / 350 and the other is 327 / 350. Both have Ford 9" rear ends. The 409 car weighed 2220 lbs., the other 2010 lbs. Both had about 10 gal of gas and no driver on the scales. I am just curious, has anyone else weighed their cars? If so, what do you have?

Jeff

Shortly after I had mine done, I took it to a truck stop and had it weighed. Came in at a few pounds over 1,600. 305 engine and a 350 tranny.

Oh, I still freakin' love the 409 you're running!

tfeverfred said:
Shortly after I had mine done, I took it to a truck stop and had it weighed. Came in at a few pounds over 1,600. 305 engine and a 350 tranny.

Now You're Talkin'! That's my kind of thinking.

George

1600 with a 305/350 set up hummmmm. I hope my 355/200r4 will be around the same weight +/- a few lbs when I'm done.

Mine weighs 1937 pounds and is 50 pounds heavier in the rear. It was weighed on a race car type of system where there is a scale under each wheel. It gives front, rear, diagonal, individual wheel and total weight.

Jim

Rick said:
Ok Steve how much did it weigh WITH you in it?:lol::rofl:

Around 2100 at first but that went up exponentially as time went on. My clothes started shrinking about then too. I think it's a global warming thing.

Thanks TFEVERFRED. The engine is nice, but the carbs are driving me crazy. Every day I get a little closer to having them tuned, but it is a long process. Anyone have any experience with multiple Demon 98's?

Jeff

409 I think those triple demons wont ever be right in California. I think the "Global Magnetic Hypertensive Polar Shift" is to strong there. Its very complicated!! So how bout i send you an address in Oklahoma to send those to, I am concerned about your mental state right now.

If Fred's came in at around 1600 I'm hoping for a little less since the Ford engine is 90 lbs. lighter.

My T came in at 1960lbs 350/700r4 with 10 gal of gas. I was hopeing for a lighter weight but this is what i ended up with.:lol:

my car weighs about 2500 lbs without me in it. Blown big block, and a hefty rollcage and being built like a brick outhouse adds lots of weight to a car.

But it feels real safe:D

Im thinking 1600 is rare. I weighted mine at a scrap iron place with truck scales. It was 1980 lbs WITHOUT me in it and 1/2 tank of gas before I added the blower. I would say its around 2100 now.

mine with cresent wrench,screwdriver,pliers and 2 cigars, bic lighter and bill haley and the comets cd with plastic case under the seat, with out me in it came in at 1780

If scales are good,most are going to be very near 2000lb,it takes a lot less of most of the normel stuff we put in these T-buckets to get down lower.
Engine and tranny are one of the big factors,but it all hads some wt.
Engine Weights
Something that maybe of use to builders.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back