Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

What kind of frame is this?

Stude27

I'd like to know about this type of frame before I buy. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 213
I'd like to know about this type of frame before I buy. Here's a pic.

There was a post on here...oh about a couple months back profiling a T bucket for sale I think on ebay, it was white and real high dollar, anyway I believe it had a similar set up you might check some old posts.

IMHO, It looks extra beefy, should drive solid the triangle coil over mounts look more than adequate.

-Don

BenT
bens27_%28374%29.jpg
has the same front suspension and this is Engine24355's
med_gallery_2794_91_4471.jpg
Might want to ask one of them Bt the way WELCOME:hoist:

Thank you, will do ...

Its not really anyone's front end. Instead of the more traditional "buggy spring" and friction shock set up, my '27 has a pair of Carrera coil-overs. To run coiloverfs on the fron, you need some stiff mounts that have been triangulated or gusseted. My shock mounts (and the ones on my dad's 27) are made from surplus 3/8" bent plate I was give at the end of the building project I was working on. naturally, there are clearance issues as well as aesthetic issues with this set up. The headlights cover much of the coilovers. I like this set up over a traditional set up as there is a bit more adjustability built in.

Bens27381.jpg

DSCN0194.jpg

Its not really anyone's front end. Instead of the more traditional "buggy spring" and friction shock set up, my '27 has a pair of Carrera coil-overs. To run coiloverfs on the fron, you need some stiff mounts that have been triangulated or gusseted. My shock mounts (and the ones on my dad's 27) are made from surplus 3/8" bent plate I was give at the end of the building project I was working on. naturally, there are clearance issues as well as aesthetic issues with this set up. The headlights cover much of the coilovers. I like this set up over a traditional set up as there is a bit more adjustability built in.

Bens27381.jpg

DSCN0194.jpg

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it would ride and corner a heck of alot better with that set up. I'm not a triditional type person LOL that's what hotrodding is about .. to take something and make it something that all gaga at .. Hey by the way nice looking rides there ....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back