Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

what radiator ?

lockman

I am building a 23 t. What kind of radiator can I use. ( not really looking for a walker or griffin) . Maybe stock radiator out of something I can modifiy. What do others use?

A 66 Mustang radiator works pretty good. Or Superior Radiator on Ebay. They make a nice aluminum one for about $250.00.
eBay Motors: T BUCKET 23 FORD T CHEVY MOTER ALUMINUM 2 ROW RADIATOR (item 270340055323 end time Feb-11-09 12:26:54 PST)

ac85_2.JPG

lockman said:
I am building a 23 t. What kind of radiator can I use. ( not really looking for a walker or griffin) . Maybe stock radiator out of something I can modifiy. What do others use?

I've heard and seen the radiator from '65-'66 Mustangs used. You can still get them from most chain auto parts stores. Make sure you get one for a V8.

I'm sure some of the guys on here who use them will chime in as to how good they are.

LOL RPM, jolly on the spot!

My advice is to spend a few bucks on a good radiator because this is one area that can take the fun out of hot rodding real quick if it isn't doing it's job. Over the years I have had more than one hot running hot rod that kept me on edge at every light, so now I make sure I get the best I can get.

My current T is running a warmed over 350 Chevy and a radiator I had built by PRC radiators. It is aluminum, and I am running a SPAL electric fan with a shroud. I RARELY have to use the fan at all, and going down the road on the hottest day the car runs at 160. It may get up to 180 at a light, but when the fan kicks on it drops to 150-160 before the light changes. I have used copper radiators from Walker and the Brassworks over the years, but I am now sold on aluminum. This is the fourth one we have bought from PRC, and each one is a work of art. Super people to deal with and not expensive. Typical T radiator is in the $ 400 to 450 range, and since it should last lots of years it really is a good investment.

Here is a picture of the one in my T, along with their shroud and a SPAL fan. I can't recommend them enough.

Don

tfanshroud-1.jpg

and we are using one of their radiators to cool the 455 Olds in my Sons 30 RPU.

dans30firewallcutout003-1.jpg

Don did you make the shroud????? and are your sons headers sanderson??????

On my T I bought PRC's shroud, but on Dan's 30 he made that shroud. Yes, his headers are Jaysters from Sanderson. He had them built a little different to clear some stuff, but essentially that's what they are.

Don

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back