Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Whats the difference?

sharp21

I'm wondering what difference, if any, there is when building a frame for a bucket or for a T with a roof?

I'm planning on using a fibreglass tub, but if I came across a metal body at the right price.... I'll be collecting all the bits to get the frame together so I am just wondering if the frame for a bucket will be the same for a coupe or roadster style T body.

Thanks
S.

I'm wondering what difference, if any, there is when building a frame for a bucket or for a T with a roof?

I'm planning on using a fibreglass tub, but if I came across a metal body at the right price.... I'll be collecting all the bits to get the frame together so I am just wondering if the frame for a bucket will be the same for a coupe or roadster style T body.

Thanks
S.
Sharp21, I think most people would agree with me that you should have your body on hand before you fab the chassis. In my case I'm building a C-Cab, the chassis is the same design as a 23 T with the exception that the rails are extended behind the kick.....JMO....Ron (ruggs)

Pretty sure there is NO difference.

Thats what I thought but I wanted to make sure.

I WILL have the body on hand before building the frame. I guess a better question would be; can I still assemble all of the parts prior to building the frame & still have it all work no matter which body I build? Seems that I can

Thanks
S.

Thats what I thought but I wanted to make sure.

I WILL have the body on hand before building the frame. I guess a better question would be; can I still assemble all of the parts prior to building the frame & still have it all work no matter which body I build? Seems that I can

Thanks
S.
You could buy your steel, axle and such to have it on hand but if your not sure about your selection I would suggest that you call people like Ron Pope (RPM) or Jim at Wintec to make sure all of the parts are compatable...Ron (ruggs)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back