Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

wheelie bars

cool that's good to know dave I was worried I couldn't keep it down

I know one guy who had them on his car, a pedestrian somewhere tripped over them, was injured and sued him for a bunch of money.

I ran a 671 blown 540 in my bucket and never once lifted the tyres on the public streets. Even with slicks the tyres didnt come up much on the dragstrip either. I did run a high 9 at 145mph off a lousy 2.1 60ft.

A good mate recently took his 671 blown 383 bucket to our local track and, on slicks the front came up 18 inches off the line.

I think a lot of it is how well your chassis is set up. They shouldnt be unstable on the street regardless of the amount of horsepower you throw at the car.

Attachments

• Fram Burnout.jpg
    Fram Burnout.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 40
What He Said! Want them On because you need them? Not hardly, not on the street. Even with a fully prepped car, trying to find a good clean piece o asphalt to launch from....
On a good clean track, a properly adjusted 4 link, 33-35" slicks with the right air pressure, some moose juice, experienced driver, some horses up front, right converter and gears....yes, you'd need bars, but only to help control traction....
Want them because they look cool....ok....but take it from someone who knows speedbumps, curbs, sharp dips in the road, even entering and leaving some driveways will get you into trouble....especially when it leaves you with your 2 rear tires off the ground. Been there, done that

They're on the cover of "Poser" magazine. How's that?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back